The Student Room Group

Taking bags of coins to the bank

When you take bags of coins into the bank- can you mix coins? E.g. £1 worth of both 1p's and 2p's.
Anyone?
Reply 2
Yes you can but when you get there the bank will give you banks so you can separate the different coins as they us a sort of weighing scale to tell them how much money is in each bag and all the coins in a bag must be the same.

But in other words yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by LunaTy
Yes you can but when you get there the bank will give you banks so you can separate the different coins as they us a sort of weighing scale to tell them how much money is in each bag and all the coins in a bag must be the same.

But in other words yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

So in other words a no lmao.

You can't mix coins in the same bag.
Reply 4
Original post by jamestg
So in other words a no lmao.

You can't mix coins in the same bag.

Oh my bad I read that wrong 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
you can mix copper's according to the cash bags I've got
so you should be ok they just count it with a machine anyway
Original post by Emma:-)
When you take bags of coins into the bank- can you mix coins? E.g. £1 worth of both 1p's and 2p's.
natwest at least has machines that you literally pour all your coins into and it counts them, so you put everything in together - then you get a receipt, take it to the desk and they give you your money (you need to be a natwest customer though)
Original post by jamesthehustler
you can mix copper's according to the cash bags I've got
so you should be ok they just count it with a machine anyway

Thats what i was wondering.
Just out of interest, they wouldnt let you take in part bags would they- e.g. £3 worth of 5p's (a bag full is £5 worth).
You can't mix coins according to the bags I've got. It says 'No mixed coin' on them.

You can take in whatever quantity you like in a bag, they'll just be taken out and processed manually if it doesn't come to the full amount for the bag.
Original post by Duncan2012
You can't mix coins according to the bags I've got. It says 'No mixed coin' on them.

You can take in whatever quantity you like in a bag, they'll just be taken out and processed manually if it doesn't come to the full amount for the bag.

Thanks
Original post by Emma:-)
Thats what i was wondering.
Just out of interest, they wouldnt let you take in part bags would they- e.g. £3 worth of 5p's (a bag full is £5 worth).

they've been able to give them to me like that when i asked so as long as you state correct amount when you hand it over they should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending