The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak143244

Wow, that is soon.. Holidays have gone so quickly though

Too soon ;__; It feels like the holidays have flown by
Original post by gaary kasparov
is anyone doing the extended project qualification, at the start of year 12 or the end of year 12 /beginning of year13??

I'm hoping to do it at the start of year 12 , and finish it then so I don't have to worry about it in A2. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do it on but mainly History based. :smile:
Introduce yourself
I'm [insert name here], hi there.
What are your hobbies and interests?
Gaming, pretending to work.
What subjects are you planning to take?
Chemistry, Computer Science, Maths and either Further Maths or Physics (idek which one).
Your favourite subject(s)?
Computer Science, the normal Sciences and Maths.
Your ideal future occupation?
Whatever makes the most money.
Original post by I need starbucks
Too soon ;__; It feels like the holidays have flown by

Yeah, have you got your college stuff ready?
Yeah, have you got your college stuff ready?

Ummm sort of I've bought some pens and a folder and stuff but I need to buy a bag still ://
Original post by I need starbucks
Ummm sort of I've bought some pens and a folder and stuff but I need to buy a bag still ://

Haha, betta buy that quick :tongue:
I'm going now, nice talking to you, hopefully we'll talk again sometime.
Byeee :smile:
Haha, betta buy that quick :tongue:
I'm going now, nice talking to you, hopefully we'll talk again sometime.
Byeee :smile:

Ah okaay you too byee :h:
Introduce yourself
Hey everyone, I'm Naomi. I know I'm a bit late to join but better late than never! :biggrin:

My hobbies are drawing, cooking and reading. I'm also learning to play the guitar. No doubt these will all go out the window when year 12 starts! :tongue:

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, French and German because guess what, I like science and languages! :smile:

My favourite subject is either Biology or German.

Hmmm...I want to do either a science or languages degree - Oxford is the dream! :colondollar: If I go down the science route then I'll probably do biomedical sciences and become a research scientist. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
God it's so soon now, about one week until my induction and just under two for the real thing. I'm gonna miss the sleeping in. ;-;

But on a brighter note and for those still collecting equipment. I just found a pukka essentials box at Asda for £6 and the contents were most of what I needed and were worth about £10-£12 so just a heads up if anyone needs some good equipment for A-Levels. I know we all love to save money on stuff like this.

How's everyone's equipment collecting going at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if I'd be able to get into medicine with 2 A*, 8 A's and 2 B's (which might get contested seeing as in French I had 2 A* in reading and listening, an A in speaking and then a D in writing which is crazy as i was certain I'd done all to get a C at least (the guideline for a C was simply use two tenses- I definitely did that! I'm thinking perhaps they lost one of the two courseworks?)
My mum spoke to a doctor the other day at her work and he seems to think I'll be fine since there will be less applicants to medicine when I apply since the junior doctor crisis recently. A friend says she knows a med student that got C's at GCSE but I find that unbelievable.
- Introduce yourself
Yo im tiny shadow (lol poet and i dont know it)

- What are your hobbies and interests?
Non as such, i love twitter if that counts

- What subjects are you planning to take?
eng lit/lang combined, geography and sociology

- Your favourite subject(s)
At Gcse i really enjoyed english as my teacher was great and i was good at it ( got an A at GCSE in both ) I also love chemistry and sort of regret not choosing it but ive heard its really hard and has no benefit to my future

- Your ideal future occupation?
Id either like to be a corporate lawyer or a primary school teacher and would love to go to a russels group uni
Introduce yourself
Hey guys, I'm Niamh! I've been active on TSR since February for my GCSEs (some of you may recognise me). I'm 16 and will be staying on at sixth form to be starting A Levels in a week's time :smile:

Does stationery shopping count? Cause I do a hell of a lot of that :tongue:! Um...I also like watching and playing hockey, going to the gym, but mostly I just chill on my phone for hours, oops :redface:

I'll be taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I may or may not find a way to do German too.

German, Maths and Physics

Maths teacher :h:
Original post by _Hafsa
I'm hoping to do it at the start of year 12 , and finish it then so I don't have to worry about it in A2. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do it on but mainly History based. :smile:

what other subjects are you doing, because im doing maths,physics,biology and chemistry,and am worried that taking the EPQ would be too far, and my grades would drop by quite a big margin.
- Introduce yourself
Hi! I'm Abbi :smile: Starting A levels next Tuesday (it's so close now, what even); I got 1A*, 3As and 7Bs in my GCSEs - was hoping for a few more As but oh well, I got higher than what I needed for sixth form so it's all good; I know what to do for A levels now!

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I love going to gigs/concerts (when i'm not broke...) and things. Big Netflix binger, ngl, but I love the sims too, and anything with animals. Most of my time recently has just been spent working, though :colondollar:

- What subjects are you planning to take?
Maths, chemistry, biology, and at the minute I've chosen Spanish but if I can't hack it I'm changing to sociology.

- Your favourite subject(s)
I loved GCSE Spanish and maths, but I'm a bit terrified of A level Spanish due to the even longer speaking exam. Hopefully I find it okay, though, as I love learning a new language.

- Your ideal future occupation?
The dream is to go to university to study medicine to become a doctor, but if that doesn't happen then biomedical science, biochemistry or neuroscience! I'm hoping I'll be able to do medicine as a post-grad degree or to be able to transfer onto a medicine course after my first/second year in a different degree, if it doesn't work out.
Original post by sahil19
Introduce yourself
Just a 16 year old boy living in the middle of England, standing in front of a TSR thread asking you to love me.

Avid sport watcher, mainly football (man united fan), follower of current affairs. Young Labour member. Proud European in spite of the recent Brexit vote.

History, Politics and Economics.

History from GCSE; I imagine I'll love economics and politics more though.

Lawyer. (Either in the commercial field or the intellectual property area )

Hey, read a lot from you on GCSE thread. How were you results? :smile:
Original post by Anmol_.
Hey, read a lot from you on GCSE thread. How were you results? :smile:

Meh, they were okay; not as good as I hoped. Enough to still be accepted into a RG Uni for Law though. Time to smash A-levels now as they're the important ones :smile:
Original post by mayacarswell
Does anyone know if I'd be able to get into medicine with 2 A*, 8 A's and 2 B's (which might get contested seeing as in French I had 2 A* in reading and listening, an A in speaking and then a D in writing which is crazy as i was certain I'd done all to get a C at least (the guideline for a C was simply use two tenses- I definitely did that! I'm thinking perhaps they lost one of the two courseworks?)
My mum spoke to a doctor the other day at her work and he seems to think I'll be fine since there will be less applicants to medicine when I apply since the junior doctor crisis recently. A friend says she knows a med student that got C's at GCSE but I find that unbelievable.

Those are brilliant results and there's no reason why you shouldn't get in. Obviously though, your A level results need to be equally good. Not all med students have straight A*s:tongue:
Original post by sahil19
Meh, they were okay; not as good as I hoped. Enough to still be accepted into a RG Uni for Law though. Time to smash A-levels now as they're the important ones :smile:

Same :frown: I've moved on though and ready to go for a levels! That's great..I'm considering law too.
When is everyone starting college/sixth form
Original post by Anmol_.
When is everyone starting college/sixth form

friday, rip me

Latest