The Student Room Group

Remark advice - A2 computing

I need 3 UMS extra in order to get an A* overall in Computing. I got full marks in my project however I only got 97/120 UMS in the exam. Is it worth bothering to get the exam remarked??

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by computationchive
I need 3 UMS extra in order to get an A* overall in Computing. I got full marks in my project however I only got 97/120 UMS in the exam. Is it worth bothering to get the exam remarked??

3 UMS is something like 1 raw mark so you have nothing to lose really

Correction: I checked; its two raw marks off.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom
3 UMS is something like 1 raw mark so you have nothing to lose really

Thanks for your comment! Might as well go for it...
Reply 3
Unless the uni you're going to requires you to get an A* overall then it doesn't matter.
Reply 4

What did you do your project on, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by brbrbrh
What did you do your project on, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, sure! So first of all I was doing the AQA exam board. For my project I did an IOS app, this put me in a good place in terms of marks as mobile development is seen as 'complex' (according to the mark scheme). My project included a relational database (linking tables) which also added complexity.

As a summary, it was an app for teacher that enabled them to store their student's grades and behaviour logs etc... The app also allowed to teacher to input the lessons they taught and allowed them to enrol students on to those lessons, the app create a timetable view, for the teacher, based on this data.

Any other questions let me know :smile:
Reply 6
Yes, sure! So first of all I was doing the AQA exam board. For my project I did an IOS app, this put me in a good place in terms of marks as mobile development is seen as 'complex' (according to the mark scheme). My project included a relational database (linking tables) which also added complexity.

As a summary, it was an app for teacher that enabled them to store their student's grades and behaviour logs etc... The app also allowed to teacher to input the lessons they taught and allowed them to enrol students on to those lessons, the app create a timetable view, for the teacher, based on this data.

Any other questions let me know :smile:

Relational Databases is seen as 'complex'? Jesus Christ.... More like piss easy....
The idea however was pretty solid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending