The Student Room Group

Could I Stretch My Personal Statement?

Okay. So. I have my heart set on one university doing Sociology and Criminology. However, with my father hearing alarm bells etc., I'm getting second thoughts. I've been interested in Psychology for years and in an ideal world, I would love to be a criminal psychologist. Should I change my course to this instead of Sociology and Criminology? The only thing that has held me back is that most universities, including my favourite, will only accept a B in Maths GCSE but I only have a C. Help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ervahy
Okay. So. I have my heart set on one university doing Sociology and Criminology. However, with my father hearing alarm bells etc., I'm getting second thoughts. I've been interested in Psychology for years and in an ideal world, I would love to be a criminal psychologist. Should I change my course to this instead of Sociology and Criminology? The only thing that has held me back is that most universities, including my favourite, will only accept a B in Maths GCSE but I only have a C. Help!

I think you'd need a psychology degree to be a criminal psychologist.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I think you'd need a psychology degree to be a criminal psychologist.

Which is why I'm thinking that maybe I COULD do it with my C in GCSE Maths, it just means I will have to alter my desired universities and I won't be able to do it at my first choice. :frown:
Original post by Ervahy
Which is why I'm thinking that maybe I COULD do it with my C in GCSE Maths, it just means I will have to alter my desired universities and I won't be able to do it at my first choice. :frown:

It depends how important going to your 1st choice university is, you could find a new first choice for psychology that you would be just as happy at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending