The Student Room Group

Polish Man Beaten To Death In potential Hate Crime By Gang Of 20 In Essex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
Bit rich considering you clearly didn't read the article yourself or you'd have seen that the information within contradicts the title and content of the thread, as I've already pointed out.

lmao that's what some of these people do: see something, don't read it, take to tsr, whinge for reps. Nauseating pattern. It's called pseudo intellectuals.
Original post by lawyer3c
http://www.politico.eu/article/graphics-how-the-uk-voted-eu-referendum-brexit-demographics-age-education-party-london-final-results/

61% of those aged 65+ voted to leave, compared with 75% of 18-24 year olds who voted to remain

look, if youre feeling left out or need attention feel free to make your own thread, dont come here crying

Unrelated, but I would trust a 70 year old on geopolitics over an 18 year old any day.

I asked her not you so don't talk about needing attention but since you wanna play:

61%...supposedly, that means 39% of young people voted leave...do you know how many people is within that 39%? :rofl: millions my friend...you're not intelligent to argue with them, so quit. Also the majority of young people voting remain is part of its downfall :rofl: young and dumb as they say. Your point of this thread is what though, for real...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
lmao that's what some of these people do: see something, don't read it, take to tsr, whinge for reps. Nauseating pattern. It's called pseudo intellectuals.

They just enjoy taking the moral high-ground by way of screaming "HATE CRIME!!!", so much so that they'll take any opportunity to do so even if it means skipping vital information and making themselves look like a complete div in the process.
Reply 24
Who says it was a hate crime? That's just what the OP wrote. Some snips from the actual article:
"Police reportedly told Mr Jozwik's family that he had been attacked 'for speaking the Polish language'."

That alone makes it a hate crime. But yes, it remains only a "suspected" hate crime as of yet.
They just enjoy taking the moral high-ground by way of screaming "HATE CRIME!!!", so much so that they'll take any opportunity to do so even if it means skipping vital information and making themselves look like a complete div in the process.

They ruin their own potentially valid cause
"Police reportedly told Mr Jozwik's family that he had been attacked 'for speaking the Polish language'."

That alone makes it a hate crime. But yes, it remains only a "suspected" hate crime as of yet.

Oh, so someone (reportedly) told someone else something... that makes it true, does it? No, of course it doesn't. The very same article states that the police believe it could have been a hate crime, but there's that little thing called "evidence" that fails to be present. With locals also stating that the very same gang have been known to attack or verbally abuse English people on numerous occasions, labelling this particular attack a hate crime just because they weren't English is jumping the gun to say the least.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Oh, so someone (reportedly) told someone else something... that makes it true, does it? No, of course it doesn't.

That 'someone' was the police, but of course not - that's why I just told you "it remains only a "suspected" hate crime as of yet" - short memory? I concede I should have phrased the title as "suspected hate crime" as opposed to "hate crime".

With locals also stating that the very same gang have been known to attack or verbally abuse English people on numerous occasions

Just because a group occasionally attacks people for non-race related reasons doesn't mean that they can't attack people for race-related reasons.
Original post by 0to100
lmao prove it? And don't think about citing twitter either little missy.

Cultural concerns explain attitudes better than objective economic position

Survey data can tell us that opposition to migration in the UK is more common among older, UK-born, white, and less educated groups

Group conflict theory suggests that migrants or minority groups can appear to threaten the interests, identities, or status of the majority (as a group), and that those who feel this sense of threat most acutely will be most likely to oppose migration.

Here's the source: http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/uk-public-opinion-toward-migration-determinants-attitudes
It's an interesting read :h:
That 'someone' was the police, but of course not - that's why I just told you "it remains only a "suspected" hate crime as of yet" - short memory? I concede I should have phrased the title as "suspected hate crime" as opposed to "hate crime".

Just because a group occasionally attacks people for non-race related reasons doesn't mean that they can't attack people for race-related reasons.

I got that part, but if it's only suspected then you can't call it a hate crime. Same mentality that a lot of people lacking intellectual depth possess when it comes to celebrities appearing on the news for being arrested on suspicion of murder, rape, paedophilia or some other crime - everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon and labelling them, even though they've yet to be proven guilty and careers are often ruined, even if the person is eventually acquitted of any wrong-doing... but hey, people love to jump the gun and label people as lowlife scum because it makes them feel like a good human being.
Reply 30
I got that part, but if it's only suspected then you can't call it a hate crime.

Did you miss the part where I said 'I concede I should have phrased the title as "suspected hate crime" as opposed to "hate crime"'?

Same mentality that a lot of people lacking intellectual depth possess when it comes to celebrities appearing on the news for being arrested on suspicion of murder, rape, paedophilia or some other crime - everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon and labelling them, even though they've yet to be proven guilty and careers are often ruined, even if the person is eventually acquitted of any wrong-doing...

Based on the limited evidence we currently possess, it seems overwhelmingly likely that the attack is correctly suspected to be a hate crime.

but hey, people love to jump the gun and label people as lowlife scum

Where did I do this?
Did you miss the part where I said 'I concede I should have phrased the title as "suspected hate crime" as opposed to "hate crime"'?

Based on the limited evidence we currently possess, it seems overwhelmingly likely that the attack is correctly suspected to be a hate crime.

Where did I do this?

As I just said, I got that. You should have done that initially, though or you just make yourself look an idiot when you've created an entire thread about it. Also, it's not overwhelmingly likely - not when the gang has a past history of attacking all sorts. It's not even worth speculating over whether or not it was a hate crime.

You didn't use such words, but the words "disgusting hate crime" were used without evidence which is the exact type of mentality I was talking about.

Where did I do this?

backpedaling. :giggle:

@WoodyMKCyour work here is done friend. He has admitted he is wrong.
Essex is such a dive.
Reply 34
As I just said, I got that. You should have done that initially, though or you just make yourself look an idiot when you've created an entire thread about it.

Not really, the police would not suspect it was a hate crime for no reason (but yes, it is obviously too soon to conclusively state why they were attacked).

It's not even worth speculating over whether or not it was a hate crime.

The police clearly disagree.

You didn't use such words

Cool.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TercioOfParma
That's not a completely insane suggestion. The influx of unskilled work from the former warsaw pact countries has made finding work for the working class much harder, and hence the anger and tension build. There is no doubt a cultural element too. Without the freedom of movement laws from the EU, this may have been avoided.

This is probably the second worst thing I have ever read on this website in my entire life, nobody would say ''woah jeez, rape is bad and everything, but if women were kept inside rather than out in public, none of this would have happened''

This is what pisses me off about the right-wing, sometimes they raise valid concerns, but none of it is genuine because they come out with these absurd hand-wringing comments which show they don't actually care about anyone outside their ingroup.
Original post by HaramiSalami
This is probably the second worst thing I have ever read on this website in my entire life, nobody would say ''woah jeez, rape is bad and everything, but if women were kept inside rather than out in public, none of this would have happened''

This is what pisses me off about the right-wing, sometimes they raise valid concerns, but none of it is genuine because they come out with these absurd hand-wringing comments which show they don't actually care about anyone outside their ingroup.

Oh dear. You're aware we are the same people we were 5000 years ago right? There are some things that are biologically ingrained in people, and one of those things is the dislike of people who have significantly different attitudes to life.

You have proved that yourself by being intolerant of right wing.

Also, if you think that is bad, I suggest you lurk here more.
Oh dear. You're aware we are the same people we were 5000 years ago right? There are some things that are biologically ingrained in people, and one of those things is the dislike of people who have significantly different attitudes to life.

That doesn't mean anything, ''I'm a violent thug because it's in my genes is a ****ing retarded cop out''

No because I'm right.

It's ridiculous as well because it comes from someone who often claims he has moral superiority over Muslims, if an Asian gang attacked a White Brit, you would be going crazy rather than saying ''it's just biology bro, basically the EU is to blame :dunce:''

That last sentence :biggrin:.
That doesn't mean anything, ''I'm a violent thug because it's in my genes is a ****ing retarded cop out''

No It doesn't, that is why we are discussing culture and not genetics. Pointing out that different cultures and an increase in competition for unskilled work causes issues isn't some racist statement, you'd be angry too if a completely new culture came in and made it hard for you to get a job. If you think this is, I suggest you get your head checked.

No because I'm right.

Being correct and being intolerant aren't mutually exclusive.

It's ridiculous as well because it comes from someone who often claims he has moral superiority over Muslims, if an Asian gang attacked a White Brit, you would be going crazy rather than saying ''it's just biology bro, basically the EU is to blame :dunce:''

I have never talked about biology being a factor you mentalist. It is culture, and western culture is better than Islamic culture. Why, you ask? Compare human rights in the west and human rights in most of the islamic world and you have your answer. Biology is the factor when it comes from the way people think. When people's lives are made harder by other people, that makes them angry at those people.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending