The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by sleepinglions
"You wanted a Xylophone, but I'm a glockenspiel" love that line :lol:

Haha thank you, it was so much fun to write that song, and even more so to make the music video, I just can't wait till the release of my debut EP :tongue:
Original post by Joe1996
Haha thank you, it was so much fun to write that song, and even more so to make the music video, I just can't wait till the release of my debut EP :tongue:

I can imagine! hehe, at the end I thought we'd see the girl with her "xylophone" guy :lol: but I quite like how it ended!
Reply 902
Original post by sleepinglions
I can imagine! hehe, at the end I thought we'd see the girl with her "xylophone" guy :lol: but I quite like how it ended!

It's a shame that we filmed the bulk of it then the stuff with the girl is from a different project completely, it would've been nice, but i do like how it ends
Original post by Joe1996
It's okay guys I'm back, as is my shameless self promotion, I made a music video for an original song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ri3VJRD5MY

(This isn't serious I know I can't sing, it is meant to be funny)

The lyrics in this are great. How long have you been song writing for? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 904
Original post by Matrix123
The lyrics in this are great. How long have you been song writing for? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know you well enough to know if this is sarcastic or not :tongue: But in answer to the question, not that long really, this one was weird because it kind of started as a real song, then I remembered i'm not a good enough singer so I made it into the joke song with the final lines and the rest of written are joke ones really :smile:
Original post by Joe1996
I don't know you well enough to know if this is sarcastic or not :tongue: But in answer to the question, not that long really, this one was weird because it kind of started as a real song, then I remembered i'm not a good enough singer so I made it into the joke song with the final lines and the rest of written are joke ones really :smile:

Haha, well it wasn't saracastic at all; I was being serious :tongue: Ohh cool! Haha fair enough, but it's great that you had a go at singing it all the same. Would singing be something you'd be interested in improving and getting more involved in, or would you prefer to stick to the writing side of things? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 906
Haha, well it wasn't saracastic at all; I was being serious :tongue: Ohh cool! Haha fair enough, but it's great that you had a go at singing it all the same. Would singing be something you'd be interested in improving and getting more involved in, or would you prefer to stick to the writing side of things? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well thank you :smile: I'd like to get better, but I don't plan on taking vocal lessons or anything, i'll probably just keep writing songs and singing them. I think I can get away with doing them badly because I'm clearly doing them for comic effect :smile:
Original post by Joe1996
Oh well thank you :smile: I'd like to get better, but I don't plan on taking vocal lessons or anything, i'll probably just keep writing songs and singing them. I think I can get away with doing them badly because I'm clearly doing them for comic effect :smile:

No worries :wink: that sounds like a good plan. Haha fair enough :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 908
No worries :wink: that sounds like a good plan. Haha fair enough :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So, how are you?
Original post by Joe1996
So, how are you?

I'm alright thanks. I haven't done too much today but ahh well :tongue:
You?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 910
I'm alright thanks. I haven't done too much today but ahh well :tongue:
You?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I havent really done anything since getting back from Edinburgh, probably wont do much till i'm back at uni :tongue:
Original post by Joe1996
Yeah I havent really done anything since getting back from Edinburgh, probably wont do much till i'm back at uni :tongue:

Haha fairs :tongue: how was it in Edinburgh? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 912
Haha fairs :tongue: how was it in Edinburgh? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really good, very emotionally and physically draining at times, butprobably worth it :smile:
Original post by Joe1996
It was really good, very emotionally and physically draining at times, butprobably worth it :smile:

Glad to hear it! I see, an introvert then?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 914
Glad to hear it! I see, an introvert then?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I would consider myself an introvert, but I do like going out with my friends and stuff
Original post by Joe1996
It's okay guys I'm back, as is my shameless self promotion, I made a music video for an original song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ri3VJRD5MY

(This isn't serious I know I can't sing, it is meant to be funny)

Those tears :rofl:

I agree with Matrix though, those lyrics are great :smile:
Original post by Joe1996
Yeah I would consider myself an introvert, but I do like going out with my friends and stuff

Yeah, I'd say I'm an introvert too. Fair enough, that's nice :smile:
Original post by SassKing13

:wink:

KiiiiiingSaaaass has arrived! :eek:

*rolls out the red carpet*
Posted from TSR Mobile

KiiiiiingSaaaass has arrived! :eek:

*rolls out the red carpet*
Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:
KingSass has been away from home since last Wednesday (Winchester). He has had no WiFi (*children scream*). :tongue:
Reply 918

Haha, they were a mixture of real tears and water, mostly water :tongue:

And thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I feel like most people on this thread are introverts
:lol:
KingSass has been away from home since last Wednesday (Winchester). He has had no WiFi (*children scream*). :tongue:

Matrix suspected as much. She missed speaking to KingSass a lot:yep:
I see, as good as usual? :smile:
:eek: Matrix won't reply to the last brackets because she can't stop laughing now :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile