The Student Room Group

Definitive proof girls are attracted to bullies.

Scroll to see replies

One Kenyan study is not definitive proof my dear, especially when it clearly states that the results completely contradicted literary reviews. I like how you take one study out of dozens, which supports you view, and use that as "definitive proof", whilst ignoring the rest. Perfect example of confirmation bias :wink:

I haven't read the entire 'paper', but it seems very unscientific. How were the questions asked, how was the term 'bully' defined in the study, what samples were used etc etc. Simply asking teachers 'are bullies popular with girls/ boys' is wholly insufficient.

Come back with some studies which support your notion, which have been published in respectable, peer reviewed journals, not some research study conducted by a Masters student at some unknown Kenyan university.

What I'm seeing here is archetypal bad science.
(edited 7 years ago)
I feel like there is a very fine line to reported (recorded) bullying and ignored (unrecorded) bullying, which continues to make research into this matter sensitive and difficult.
Using your logic:

Girls are attracted to men with power and resources, therefore they are more likely to be attracted to young men who are likely to succeed in life.

Bullies are statistically more likely to come from disadvantaged/ poor backgrounds, more likely to struggle academically, more likely to lack social skills and have a defensive or low self esteem. Bullies are less likely to succeed at school.

All those are the reverse of what constitutes power. So no, girls are not attracted to bullies, if you're using that sort of pseudo-scientific logic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
Using your logic:

Girls are attracted to men with power and resources, therefore they are more likely to be attracted to young men who are likely to succeed in life.

Bullies are statistically more likely to come from disadvantaged/ poor backgrounds, more likely to struggle academically, more likely to lack social skills and have a defensive or low self esteem. Bullies are less likely to succeed at school.

All those are the reverse of what constitutes power. So no, girls are not attracted to bullies, if you're using that sort of pseudo-scientific logic.

bullies have power in school
Reply 24
when it comes to sex they want bad boys
when it comes to settling down they want good boys

works for men too i suppose

the bad are more adventurous but the good are more loyal
Reply 25
I used to roleplay with an ex where I'd be a dumb thug bully and she'd be an innocent nerd.

Thankfully ebay has cheap school uniforms.

Pretty good tbh.

Oh wow, so one measly study is representative of the entire female psyche, right?
Reply 27
Original post by AngryRedhead
Oh wow, so one measly study is representative of the entire female psyche, right?

You're cruisin for a bruisin little ginger. Don't make me give you a swirly :hmmm:

Spoiler

Reply 28
NO NO NO

This is what makes my work EXTREMELY difficult. Choose your words wisely. Bullies is absolutely the wrong word.

Girls are most certainly not attracted to bullies.
There is often more to a bully than bullying tendencies. For instance, Bullies tend to be much more confident (or at least appear to be), and women like confidence.
Original post by RooshV
NO NO NO

This is what makes my work EXTREMELY difficult. Choose your words wisely. Bullies is absolutely the wrong word.

Girls are most certainly not attracted to bullies.

I actually laughed out loud reading this then the username.
:cool:
Original post by 41b
You're cruisin for a bruisin little ginger. Don't make me give you a swirly :hmmm:

Spoiler

come at me bro.jpg
Reply 34
Big talk for a little girl. I'd have you begging for mercy within seconds. You'd have to kiss my feet if you wanted reprieve, though.

PS. The fact this is turning you on proves that you love bullying.

PPS. Don't reply.
Original post by 41b
Big talk for a little girl. I'd have you begging for mercy within seconds. You'd have to kiss my feet if you wanted reprieve, though.

PS. The fact this is turning you on proves that you love bullying.

PPS. Don't reply.

How tall are you lmao

PS: Banter

PPS: I shall
Reply 36
Original post by AngryRedhead
How tall are you lmao

PS: Banter

PPS: I shall

Taller than you, and perhaps ten times stronger.

PS. You wanna fite?

PPS. You wanna fite :angry:

I won't say attracted to bullies is right but just this study's angle it's just about power in general so bullies are one manifestation of power the same with CEO's
Original post by 41b

Spoiler

Omg. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think I actually just cried :rofl:
Original post by 41b
Taller than you, and perhaps ten times stronger.

PS. You wanna fite?

PPS. You wanna fite :angry:

I will fite u m99999 :angry: :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply