The Student Room Group

Would you date me without a degree although I'm in a good career?

So, I'm a 27 year old guy who is a junior C# programmer.

I don't have a degree yet although I'm into my 3rd year of Computing with Maths degree part time which I will complete aged 29.

So one told me get the degree then go for the women as women will see my potential, see me as a provider, a man.

However, I'm in a job, getting a degree.

Will you put off dating me with the intention of getting into a relationship since I don't have a degree yet although I'm in a good career?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would like to know your opinion please lol?
Nobody cares its all okay if you have money
Loads of people can get a girlfriend regardless of whether they have a degree or not. Trust me not all girls are interested in whether a guy has a degree or not.
Reply 4
LOL this ain't a job interview mate, you'll be fine!
you're better than me, I've already graduated (with the exact same degree as yours) - I haven't even reached junior level in any profession. Says more about me than the degree I've got
Of course it wouldn't be off putting (for any decent girl)!
But why would you want to date a girl if they were so bothered about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Since when have you needed accredited qualifications to get a date woah
Reply 8
Thanks for all the replies!

@ Shawn_o1

Develop a GitHub portfolio in C#, C++, Java, Python (same projects, change the code)-a website, a code of a video game (tennis match), a crud app, anything, up to 8-9 good projects and I'm sure you'll get into a junior programmer, developer, database developer, web developer position soon.
Personally I wouldn't date a girl who didn't have a 1st in STEM or PPE.
you need a 1st class degree and masters too and a lambo
Reply 11
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Since when have you needed accredited qualifications to get a date woah

The entry requirements rise by the year tbh x_x
I think people who don't have degrees in computing probably get more dates on average than people who do.

So you have one year to get someone locked down before you're celibate forever the way I see it.
Reply 13
I'm a 22 y old girl and I have just graduated in june and will start postgrad in 2 weeks, and my girlfriends and I all want to date someone who has a degree/ is getting a degree . Not because we're gold diggers or anything like that, but one can't deny that people who have a uni education tend to have similar goals in life, and ambitions, and the same views on a lot of stuff, whereas with a guy who stopped school at 16 or 18 and works in a factory I wouldn't have anything in common.( I'm using this example because this is what will happen most likely in my home town when people don't study) . I really doubt anyone would tell you " sorry I won't date you because you havent finished your degree yet" lol
I don't care if a prospective partner has a degree so long as he's happy with what he's doing in life.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I don't care if a prospective partner has a degree so long as he's happy with what he's doing in life.

You came up on my suggested friends on Facebook even though we have no mutual friends :joyman:
Original post by SmashConcept
You came up on my suggested friends on Facebook even though we have no mutual friends :joyman:

Its cos we have each other on whatsapp init
Original post by Precious Illusions
Its cos we have each other on whatsapp init

My phone number isn't connected to my Facebook tho.

Ki says it's because people show up on your suggestions when they've been stalking your profile.
You do know that not everyone has a degree? All those people who don't go to university don't live celibate lives.
Original post by SmashConcept
My phone number isn't connected to my Facebook tho.

Ki says it's because people show up on your suggestions when they've been stalking your profile.

But Facebook bought whatsapp no? Idek. You've clearly been stalking me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending