The Student Room Group

Oxford 2017 Reapplicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rhaenys10
Freiburg was the only one I applied too.. I sent them the documents on the last day I could apply :smile:) and it was Law that I applied to btw

Ah cool, I actually got into Law in Freiburg too :biggrin: But I was actually really stupid because I applied for so much but only two choices were Politics & Econ so eventually I only had Heidelberg and Münster to choose from...
Original post by scblx
Ah cool, I actually got into Law in Freiburg too :biggrin: But I was actually really stupid because I applied for so much but only two choices were Politics & Econ so eventually I only had Heidelberg and Münster to choose from...

And I suppose you've chosen Heidelberg, right?:u:
Reply 22
And I suppose you've chosen Heidelberg, right?:u:

I did :biggrin: But it really wasn't all about prestige, my main reason was that I got into student halls in Heidelberg (which was harder than getting into the uni :biggrin:) and didn't in Münster..
Original post by scblx
I did :biggrin: But it really wasn't all about prestige, my main reason was that I got into student halls in Heidelberg (which was harder than getting into the uni :biggrin:) and didn't in Münster..

That's cool.. But I still hope we'll get into Oxford. I'll buy y'all a round of the most expensive drinks if I get in. :u:

And I'm not even kidding. If we're lucky enough to meet there, do remind me of this :smile:
Original post by scblx
I have a bit of the same issue. They say it doesn't matter but I am not sure if it's true and therefore don't really know if St John's or Univ is a too "high" choice for me..

I honestly think I will ask at my old school- I am not very sure of anything when it comes to this college business and , to be honest, it doesn't matter that much to me. I think it will if I get in, and obviously I'll get some sort of college spirit etc.:wink:, but for no, it is the course that I'm interested about and the college is a secondary issue.
Reply 25
That's cool.. But I still hope we'll get into Oxford. I'll buy y'all a round of the most expensive drinks if I get in. :u:

And I'm not even kidding. If we're lucky enough to meet there, do remind me of this :smile:

I hope so too! :smile:
Hahaha, I will do that then - looking forward to it :biggrin: I mean, it's possible, there are lots of reapplicants getting in every year
Original post by scblx
I hope so too! :smile:
Hahaha, I will do that then - looking forward to it :biggrin: I mean, it's possible, there are lots of reapplicants getting in every year

I'm totally daydreaming right now, but it would be absolutely lovely if this time next year we'd be buying plane tickets for England :colondollar:
Reply 27
Original post by Diraculous
I honestly think I will ask at my old school- I am not very sure of anything when it comes to this college business and , to be honest, it doesn't matter that much to me. I think it will if I get in, and obviously I'll get some sort of college spirit etc.:wink:, but for no, it is the course that I'm interested about and the college is a secondary issue.

Yeah, I agree with you.. But after I visited some colleges I quickly found that I liked some more than others and I think it can't be bad to choose a college that you like.. Still, I would probably also sleep under a bridge if they gave me an offer for that ("The Bridge College" - that would be an idea :biggrin:)
Reply 28
I'm totally daydreaming right now, but it would be absolutely lovely if this time next year we'd be buying plane tickets for England :colondollar:

This would be just incredible:smile:.. Though sometimes I don't even dare to think about what would be if I were to get in because I don't want to spend too much time on something that probably won't work..
Original post by scblx
This would be just incredible:smile:.. Though sometimes I don't even dare to think about what would be if I were to get in because I don't want to spend too much time on something that probably won't work..

Don't be so hard on yourself! Just do your best and make sure you show the tutors you're passionate and smart enough. and nail the tsa lol:smile:))

I'm trying not to get too excited just yet, but I can't help but imagine what it would be like if I got in. And it's really cool that if we get an offer, it's gonna be unconditional
Reply 30
Don't be so hard on yourself! Just do your best and make sure you show the tutors you're passionate and smart enough. and nail the tsa lol:smile:))

I'm trying not to get too excited just yet, but I can't help but imagine what it would be like if I got in. And it's really cool that if we get an offer, it's gonna be unconditional

I will try to do my best! :smile: I am not really pessimistic, rather realistic, I mean speaking from the numbers..
Yeah the TSA is pretty important haha... I got 64 last year while having 70 and above when I practised before :frown:
Unconditional offers are great, that's true. :smile:
Original post by scblx
I will try to do my best! :smile: I am not really pessimistic, rather realistic, I mean speaking from the numbers..
Yeah the TSA is pretty important haha... I got 64 last year while having 70 and above when I practised before :frown:
Unconditional offers are great, that's true. :smile:

Yeah, you do have to be able to solve problems real' fast. If you used to get scores like this, well, you do stand a chance of getting in:wink:
1. Applying for E&M this year2. I applied for PPE at Brasenose and was reallocated to Corpus Christi for interview. Philosophy interview went terribly.
3. Pembroke
4. Haven't been at school since January due to illness and only took one maths module exam in the summer so I'm retaking year 13 and completing A levels in Maths, Further Maths, Politics and Economics next summer.
Original post by marvellousminty
1. Applying for E&M this year2. I applied for PPE at Brasenose and was reallocated to Corpus Christi for interview. Philosophy interview went terribly.
3. Pembroke
4. Haven't been at school since January due to illness and only took one maths module exam in the summer so I'm retaking year 13 and completing A levels in Maths, Further Maths, Politics and Economics next summer.

Hope you'll get in this year:smile: What happened at the Phil interview?
Hope you'll get in this year:smile: What happened at the Phil interview?

Thanks me too😌 Just wasn't what I was expecting or in the same kind of format as other interviews I've heard about at Oxford. Threw me off a bit and made me stressed from the beginning so I just didn't perform as well.
Thanks me too😌 Just wasn't what I was expecting or in the same kind of format as other interviews I've heard about at Oxford. Threw me off a bit and made me stressed from the beginning so I just didn't perform as well.

Meh, that does kinda suck.. I believe that's why we should have no expectations and just go there with an open mind
Reply 36

My philosophy interview went terribly too last year, probably one of the major reasons for the rejection...
Original post by scblx
My philosophy interview went terribly too last year, probably one of the major reasons for the rejection...

May I ask what sort of questions they asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Course you are applying for
Jurisprudence! :smile:

2. College applied to last year
Oriel

3. College this year (is there anybody going for the same college again?)
Univ or Teddy Hall, most likely

4. What do you plan to do this year?
Off to uni! Gonna be doing Law at the LSE

Cheers, everyone. May we have more luck this time 'round :h:
Original post by SunnysideSea
May I ask what sort of questions they asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was given an extract from a book and asked to discuss what the author was trying to convey but it was really strange idk just didn't feel particularly philosophy based to me in terms of other interviews I had heard about (hypothetical situation and response kind of things)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending