The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wish I could say that was true xD But I would totally disagree, where would we be without doctors?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by awesomebrah
a doctor, but who made the machines to keep me on life support? you're welcome.

But who delivered you when you were born so you could even make machines?
Np

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bioluminescence1
I wish I could say that was true xD But I would totally disagree, where would we be without doctors?!

I've never visited my GP or doctor in my 18 years of life so i reckon they're unnecessary. Besides, doctors just practice the science without the scientists it doesn't exist. (and all science is applied maths so maths wins ofc)

Original post by Lemauricien
But who delivered you when you were born so you could even make machines?
Np

A midwife who more than likely didn't have a formal degree or higher education. Not a doctor that's for sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Marked Target
I've never visited my GP or doctor in my 18 years of life so i reckon they're unnecessary. Besides, doctors just practice the science without the scientists it doesn't exist. (and all science is applied maths so maths wins ofc)

A midwife who more than likely didn't have a formal degree or higher education. Not a doctor that's for sure.

That means that people who class as 'everyone else' is above engineers then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemauricien
That means that people who class as 'everyone else' is above engineers then

Only if you think those who deliver children should be put at the top. Some people have unassisted births so where does that leave us?
Original post by Kozmo
Because so many forms of engineering would exist without Maths and Physics! :colonhash:

Yeah, scientists have should be first, then everyone else. Also where the f*ck are soldiers on this list?
Only if you think those who deliver children should be put at the top. Some people have unassisted births so where does that leave us?

Then those people are everyone else too

Posted from TSR Mobile
i TOTALLY AGREE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I know I'd rather do medicine (dentistry 2nd) than any other listed career and that's what matters to me.

For some reason, it's usually the engineering crowd that chats **** online. Nobody else feels the need to do so.
Tyvm for sharing this great joke. I was wondering whether TSR lacked humour but youve definitely proved me wrong with this lovely joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone has their place in society, sure, but it's true that without engineers the world wouldn't function properly at all. The most crucial elements of a society are farmers and engineers.
Without medical science most of us would have died as young children and wouldn't be having this conversation.
My list:
1)Students
2)Students
3)Students
4)Students
5)Students

Spoiler

100,000,000)Teachers
Original post by cbreef
Yeah, scientists have should be first, then everyone else. Also where the f*ck are soldiers on this list?

Murderers don't deserve a place on the list
i earn 80k per year.

ha ha ha ha ha ha
Reply 55
scientists>engineers

Spoiler

At the moment I feel kind of stupid writing, lawyer here because everyone is debating on doctors or engineers or dentist but I like lawyers the most. Maybe its because of the fact their jobs do not have a large amount of maths involved. :/
All STEM subjects are important and they all have thier own roles what is the point in arguing about them. If anyone of these professions went missing think about how much of a setback it will be
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58

You've mentioned that you never needed a doctor. But what about others who have had accidents, face critical illnesses etc ? Are doctors really 'unnecessary' ?

For delivery, it depends. If it is a caesarean section it would obviously be done by doctors and plus even in a normal delivery, if something goes wrong eventually the midwife will end up calling the doctor.
Reply 59
a doctor, but who made the machines to keep me on life support? you're welcome.

Well let me enlighten you. There are a lot of instruments that doctors commonly use that has been made by doctors themselves.

For example, Stethoscopes, dialysis machines, blood pressure monitors, ECGs were all invented by doctors :smile:

One more thing, doctors don't always need machines to save lives :biggrin:

P.S: Artificial heart valve was also invented by a doctor :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest