The Student Room Group

Help me find a rich husband pls

Scroll to see replies

Rich kids at uni will just **** you but not have a relationship.

They're not dumb, they'll be able to tell if you're with them because you like them, or simply for their money.

I understand why you'd want to be with a wealthy guy, but focusing simply on money just isn't the way to be happy in life
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
Eh, most public schools are probably full of new money these days. New money people are probably just as snobby. Why would you want to marry someone that you won't love?

*sigh* I don't think anyone understands what I'm getting at and all you lot grab for is the golddigger card. I WOULD OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO FIND THE GUY I'M DATING PHYSICALLY ATTRACTIVE AND HAVE A CONNECTION WITH HIM. MY ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS WHAT UNIVERSITIES HAVE THE GREATEST NUMBER OF RICH GUYS SO I CAN HAVE ENOUGH AROUND ME AND THEN FIND ONE I LIKE.
Original post by Anonymous
I want a guy whose family is rich but they're not old money if you get me? Like his father could be a millionaire but not a toff cuase I'd find that off putting considering my own background.
And Kate was still middle class. She wasn't a blue blooded aristocrat. She pursued william cause he was a prince.

I don't think that's gonna be too easy for you. Usually, young men who are filthy rich feel like they are entitled to anything, so especially if you're poor (hope you don't mind it if I use this word, I don't really know your situation), they're gonna feel like you owe them 'cause they've given you ****. You could end up being abused and meh... every rich person has this complex.. they feel like everyone wants them for their money, and in your case, this is - at least partly - true.

And btw, I do think that Kate actually loves William. Like someone already said, she was already rich, and there were a lot of other rich people she could pursue, but I guess only time will tell. Princes are indeed a lot more attractive, even more attractive than money. What girl wouldn't like to be a noblewoman, and if the lad's cool too, that's even better..

To be completely honest, if I were old enough, I'd pursue Harry. He seems like a genuinely cool man and oh my, he knows how to have fun. I heard he wanted to marry a dancer once:smile:))

Anyway, I think you're aiming too high. A milllionaire? Seriously? My advice would be to do your best at school and not look specifically for a rich man. Go for someone with potential instead. He'll motivate you too, and you know what? You may end up making a fortune together.
*sigh* I don't think anyone understands what I'm getting at and all you lot grab for is the golddigger card. I WOULD OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO FIND THE GUY I'M DATING PHYSICALLY ATTRACTIVE AND HAVE A CONNECTION WITH HIM. MY ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS WHAT UNIVERSITIES HAVE THE GREATEST NUMBER OF RICH GUYS SO I CAN HAVE ENOUGH AROUND ME AND THEN FIND ONE I LIKE.

LMFAO calm down. Rich men stick to rich women, especially at university. So good luck :h:
Yaaaas you get it! I would definitely work but life would be easier if he had money..

Especially when you have kids, many women want to stay at home and focus on bringing up their kids when they become mums and that's a lot easier if you have a successful husband! Doesn't mean you're with him only for money, you'd want a man you connect with enough to marry and start that family, but I can't see why it's wrong to want to be a housewife when you have kids and be with a man who enables that, on top of the other positive things about him.
Original post by drowzee
LMFAO calm down. Rich men stick to rich women, especially at university. So good luck :h:

But the rich girls are still keen on being with rich men for what they provide them with despite education etc :tongue:

rich men stick with rich women
pretty sure no one wants a relationship that will allow you extensively use their money at uni
you will probably just get used
but st andrews, glasgow, edinbrugh, nottingham, warwick, have plenty rich people
source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8882007/Universities-with-the-richest-students-or-parents.html?
Better A2 prediction would give you a better chance tbf.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 148

You're looking for a prince charming. They only exist in fairytales.
Also, I forgot to actually answer your thread, lol this is super entertaining to read. I honestly don't see why people say you're a gold digger. You're obviously smart if you're applying to unis and you never said you want to marry the guy just for his money. I honestly understand where you're coming from. When I was 18 and just out of high school, that 25 year old engineer guy wanted to date me and he was basically saying straight that he wanted to marry me one day, and okay he wasn't a millionaire lol but he earned 60k+ a year, which is probably way more than I'll ever earn unless I become a famous novelist/documentary maker, but that guy was just too arrogant, because in my town most people don't earn that much, and he was boasting about how he had a masters and a job that allowed him to travel and earn lots of money etc...

Also while I moved to Paris first year of uni, I met a rich guy, the sailing team type, and he invited me to super rich people parties and stuff, but what put me off was that he was overly confident because he was attractive, his family had money and he was ethnically ambiguous, which made him think he was cooler than he actually was. Other than that he was nice, not arrogant like everyone else says on this thread, but everything was handed to him so easily that we couldn't have been good together, because while to this day I still depend on my mom to pay for my stuff, I've had summer jobs so I know hard work. And also he was 2 years younger than me lmao so no thanks. Oh, and prepare yourself to be bullied by the rich girls in his life. They'll see you as an intruder stealing what they think they're entitled to. Especially if the guy is really attractive.
How about you study your arse off, get into a decent uni, get a job, save up and make smart investments. Most millionaires won't go for a girl off an estate, earn your own money you lazy cow
Lure a doctor babes, best of luck x
can i ask wtf is a 'Rah' type?
Original post by cucumberhater
can i ask wtf is a 'Rah' type?

it's a stereotypical private school kid
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rhaenys10
it's the stereotypical private school type

hmm, thanks.
Original post by cucumberhater
hmm, thanks.

np:smile:
Original post by That'sGreat
How about you study your arse off, get into a decent uni, get a job, save up and make smart investments. Most millionaires won't go for a girl off an estate, earn your own money you lazy cow

:smile: :biggrin: :laugh: :toofunny:

Probably the most direct and well needed thing to say on this thread
If you're serious about this (most likely not but anyways) then how about this: investing in yourself. You spend a few grand in making yourself more physically attractive, to increase your sexual worth. The more attractive you are, the richer the man you'll be able to obtain. The money will make itself back in the long run.

Life goals babe x
Original post by samina_ay
Lure a doctor babes, best of luck x

They don't earn enough hun x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending