The Student Room Group

Hills Road Sixth Form College applicants 2K16

Hi guys :biggrin:
I'm an out of area applicant holding a place at Hills Road, and because I actually live near Manchester at the moment (moving into the area) I won't know a single person going there, so I think this chat would be great way to at least know some people before the enrolment days, and just to calm my nerves in general :h:
Anyway, I would love input from anyone else who's got an offer from Hills Road, as well as anyone who went or goes to Hills Road

(I know there is another discussion about this, but it was in 2015, so I feel like we need a new one for this years applicants)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meemily
Hi guys :biggrin:
I'm an out of area applicant holding a place at Hills Road, and because I actually live near Manchester at the moment (moving into the area) I won't know a single person going there, so I think this chat would be great way to at least know some people before the enrolment days, and just to calm my nerves in general :h:
Anyway, I would love input from anyone else who's got an offer from Hills Road, as well as anyone who went or goes to Hills Road

(I know there is another discussion about this, but it was in 2015, so I feel like we need a new one for this years applicants)

Hi, I'm an in area applicant holding an offer but not many people from my school are going as far as I know. What subjects are you taking?
Hi, there's a half chance I'll be going, I just need to decide between there and an IB sixth form ://
If I go I'll be taking Double Maths, Physics & Chemistry hopefully
I got an offer from hillsroad, and I am also out of area- I'll be moving down from derby and also won't know anyone so don't worry!!
Reply 4
Original post by SamAllen8
Hi, I'm an in area applicant holding an offer but not many people from my school are going as far as I know. What subjects are you taking?

I'm taking maths, biology, chemistry and drama (random I know 😂)
What about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by dona.sherief
I got an offer from hillsroad, and I am also out of area- I'll be moving down from derby and also won't know anyone so don't worry!!

Yayyy! :five:

What subjects are you taking?
Reply 6
Original post by CatherineJones23
Hi, there's a half chance I'll be going, I just need to decide between there and an IB sixth form ://
If I go I'll be taking Double Maths, Physics & Chemistry hopefully

What other sixth forms do you have in mind then?
Reply 7
I have just completed my first year at hills ask me anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meemily
I'm taking maths, biology, chemistry and drama (random I know 😂)
What about you?

Haha fair enough, I'm taking Maths, Chemistry, Geography and Government and Politics so we have a couple in common!
I'm taking biology chemistry and maths idk about my fourth yet I'm waiting to see on the enrolment day x
Reply 10
Haha fair enough, I'm taking Maths, Chemistry, Geography and Government and Politics so we have a couple in common!

Maybe we'll have chemistry and maths together, who knows?
Oooh government and politics, I know some people who are taking it (not at hills road though) but never quite understood why :biggrin: care to enlighten me?
Reply 11
I'm taking biology chemistry and maths idk about my fourth yet I'm waiting to see on the enrolment day x

Have you not had yours yet then? Mine was on Friday :smile:
No mine 's on the 7th x so does everyone enrol on different days then?
Reply 13
No mine 's on the 7th x so does everyone enrol on different days then?

They must do- I suppose there are too many people to enroll everyone on one day x I didn't know there was one on the seventh. Did you apply later?
Yeah I think I did apply quite late but hopefully I'll see you when we start xx did they let u know which induction days to go in for? X
Original post by meemily
Maybe we'll have chemistry and maths together, who knows?
Oooh government and politics, I know some people who are taking it (not at hills road though) but never quite understood why :biggrin: care to enlighten me?

Yeah it would be good to have maths and/or chemistry together because I don't know anyone else taking either of them.
Government and Politics sounded really interesting to me, it's basically just learning about the systems of government in the UK and the USA and the aspects involved, how they work, and the politics involved (there's probably a better way of putting it 😂). But I used to live in America so I thought it would be particularly fascinating to learn more about American politics but from a British perspective.
Reply 16
Yeah I think I did apply quite late but hopefully I'll see you when we start xx did they let u know which induction days to go in for? X

Oh okay that makes sense then :biggrin: and yep my induction days are the 12th and 14th and my induction group is H, you? xx
I think I'll find out on the 7th when I go in to enrol Xx did you know anyone when going to the enrolment bc I'm worried about that 😂
Reply 18
Yeah it would be good to have maths and/or chemistry together because I don't know anyone else taking either of them.
Government and Politics sounded really interesting to me, it's basically just learning about the systems of government in the UK and the USA and the aspects involved, how they work, and the politics involved (there's probably a better way of putting it 😂). But I used to live in America so I thought it would be particularly fascinating to learn more about American politics but from a British perspective.

That actually sounds surprisingly interesting- as you can probably tell I'm not the most invested person in politics (although I do enjoy debating about it because I'm that annoying person 😂)
When did you move to the UK then?
Original post by meemily
That actually sounds surprisingly interesting- as you can probably tell I'm not the most invested person in politics (although I do enjoy debating about it because I'm that annoying person 😂)
When did you move to the UK then?

Fair enough haha, I moved just over two years ago so before the start of Year 10.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending