The Student Room Group

Feel so useless...

I honestly don't know why I am bothering.
I can't concentrate and I'm trying to finish off my feminism coursework and start my Marxism one (1500 words each). Time is of the essence!!!
I need probably Bs in all my subjects this year if I'm going to get anywhere in life.
I can't quit, not again... I did that with drama at the end of GCSEs
Is anyone else feeling like this at this point of the holidays?
Reply 1
Everyone feels like that many times in life. Just work as hard as you can and that's all you can do. Maybe try and take a break and then come back to your work if it's stressing you out that much.
today is the present so own it

Tomorrow is the future so write it.
Original post by rolaah
Everyone feels like that many times in life. Just work as hard as you can and that's all you can do. Maybe try and take a break and then come back to your work if it's stressing you out that much.

Thanks I know a lot of people feel the same. For instance my best friend went on NCS and then spent two weeks on holiday and now has just as much coursework to do as I have.
The thing is there is also another problem, and it's a weird and stupid one but it is limiting the amount of work I can do ....
Original post by Blackstarr
today is the present so own it

Tomorrow is the future so write it.

What if a parent puts you down and isn't going to support you and not make an effort or time to let you revise/do coursework etc?
Thanks anyway
Original post by Crimedrama98
What if a parent puts you down and isn't going to support you and not make an effort or time to let you revise/do coursework etc?
Thanks anyway

You just have to learn to ignore it and be your own motivation/crutch.

People always say mean stuff etc, but you can combat that.
Thanks anyway

What do I do if my dad stops me from revising/doing my coursework like he did today, and he still has my stuff for it...
What do I do if my dad stops me from revising/doing my coursework like he did today, and he still has my stuff for it...

If this continues to happen, go to your local library and revise there and tell him you NEED to revise and do your coursework to get good grades.

Any parent should understand that.
If this continues to happen, go to your local library and revise there and tell him you NEED to revise and do your coursework to get good grades.

Any parent should understand that.

He will probably say that he doesn't care etc
All my stuff is locked in the garage and he has the only key, and if I leave the house without him letting me, I doubt I'll be getting back in.
However I will use all the free time I can at school, unless he doesn't let me go in for them either.
He will probably say that he doesn't care etc
All my stuff is locked in the garage and he has the only key, and if I leave the house without him letting me, I doubt I'll be getting back in.
However I will use all the free time I can at school, unless he doesn't let me go in for them either.

Really?

I really do suggest you speak with someone you trust like siblings or someone at school about this whole thing.
Really?

I really do suggest you speak with someone you trust like siblings or someone at school about this whole thing.

Thanks 😀,
I spoke to one friend about this, I'll have to see what happens next week when school starts ...

Quick Reply

Latest