The Student Room Group

What do you want out of life before the shows over?

Scroll to see replies

I just want to have fun.

I feel no need to be remembered, have a family, contribute to humanity, or any of that stuff.

You just have to enjoy life as much as you can before it's over.
Original post by Blackstarr
I want to make HUGE difference.

Why?
Original post by mr T 999
Money, girls and to become a Tsr mod :colondollar:

:colonhash:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Why?

I don't want to live a mediocre life as most people do.
Reply 24
I want to be remembered and not forgotten
I don't want to live a mediocre life as most people do.

It's pretty sad wanting to spend your entire life chasing the recognition of other people that you did something they find meaningful.

You should live for yourself.

What is a mediocre life?

I'll tell you. A mediocre life is where you get to the end of your life and you realised you spent all that time chasing the approval of other people, wishing for them to say 'Wow, you were important!', to feed your crippling inferiority complex.
(edited 7 years ago)
A medical degree and to have saved lives and helped people because that's all that matters really
It's pretty sad wanting to spend your entire life chasing the recognition of other people that you did something they find meaningful.

You should live for yourself.

What is a mediocre life?

I'll tell you. A mediocre life is where you get to the end of your life and you realised you spent all that time chasing the approval of other people, wishing for them to say 'Wow, you were important!', to feed your crippling inferiority complex.

I never said i want to get recognition from people, i don't care about what people think anymore.

I want to make a HUGE difference for myself, to see that i am making an impact not living life for the sake of it.

And being mediocre is explained in this video:

[video="youtube;Oq0FfkRsR9w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq0FfkRsR9w[/video]
Bang over a 100 girlsmake a lot of moneysettle down with a half decent girlnot have kids

i guess thats what i want atm
I want to make a HUGE difference for myself, to see that i am making an impact not living life for the sake of it.

What do you mean by 'make a huge impact'? Like what?

You should choose your words carefully, you made it sound like you believed you were much more capable than everyone else and would do much more impressive things whilst everyone else would just be 'mediocre'.
Reply 30
Original post by Marked Target
The shows over? Eh? Excuse me but the show must go on. The show never ends.

u believe in re-incarnation?
Have fun adventures, visiting different countries, not having to worry about money and having a positive impact on people and animals.
What do you mean by 'make a huge impact'? Like what?

You should choose your words carefully, you made it sound like you believed you were much more capable than everyone else and would do much more impressive things whilst everyone else would just be 'mediocre'.

I want to be a child nurse.

I guess that is self-explanatory with regards to making a huge impact.

And no one else seemed to pick up(the wrong interpretation) what i said about making a huge impact but you.

I don't know how i made it sound like i believed i was much more capable than everyone else?

LOL.

Edit: most people on here seemed to reply with "money, house, kids/ family" and all that materialistic stuff, that is in a way being mediocre, like you are going with the flow as people just expect you to get a job, get married, have kids, and then die.

Life is not all bout making money, getting married having kids and then dying.

Ever thought about making an impact in society?
(edited 7 years ago)
A strengthened relationship with God, achieved career and a beautiful/stable family in which my children are nurtured with unconditional love and support.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte
A strengthened relationship with God, achieved career and a beautiful/stable family in which my children are nurtured with unconditional love and support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:cry2:
Reply 36
a lot of sex

so basically I could end the show now :biggrin:
I want to be a child nurse.

I guess that is self-explanatory with regards to making a huge impact.

And no one else seemed to pick up(the wrong interpretation) what i said about making a huge impact but you.

I don't know how i made it sound like i believed i was much more capable than everyone else?

LOL.

Edit: most people on here seemed to reply with "money, house, kids/ family" and all that materialistic stuff, that is in a way being mediocre, like you are going with the flow as people just expect you to get a job, get married, have kids, and then die.

Life is not all bout making money, getting married having kids and then dying.

Ever thought about making an impact in society?

What do you mean 'no one else picked up the wrong interpretation'? No one else picked up any interpretation at all! No one else gave a **** about what you said!

Being a child nurse is the very definition of mediocre. You won't make an impact on society doing that.

'Making an impact' would be like curing a disease, reforming the law, inventing something.

Do you remember anything about your child nurse? I sure as hell don't.

You know, I could get behind the whole 'Don't do the money/house/family cookie cutter' thing, if it weren't for the fact that the people who say that are total and utter failures, wanting to do some nonsense like child nursing, thinking it will 'make a difference'! What a joke!

It's like saying you won't eat meat because you care about animals, then putting on a fur coat.

And whilst I'm revealing to you your idiocy, I might comment as well that the person in the video was talking absolute ********. You really believe that society expects us to 'fit into the mold'? Ridiculous, children these days are encouraged to chase their passions more than ever.

sLe13h3.jpg
Reply 38
Original post by MattB_
I want to be remembered and not forgotten

but you will be, don't you understand that? even famous people are eventually forgotten. in 100 years time even our great grandkids will never know or care that we existed.
What do you mean 'no one else picked up the wrong interpretation'? No one else picked up any interpretation at all! No one else gave a **** about what you said!

Being a child nurse is the very definition of mediocre. You won't make an impact on society doing that.

'Making an impact' would be like curing a disease, reforming the law, inventing something.

Do you remember anything about your child nurse? I sure as hell don't.

You know, I could get behind the whole 'Don't do the money/house/family cookie cutter' thing, if it weren't for the fact that the people who say that are total and utter failures, wanting to do some nonsense like child nursing, thinking it will 'make a difference'! What a joke!

It's like saying you won't eat meat because you care about animals, then putting on a fur coat.

And whilst I'm revealing to you your idiocy, I might comment as well that the person in the video was talking absolute ********. You really believe that society expects us to 'fit into the mold'? Ridiculous, children these days are encouraged to chase their passions more than ever.

sLe13h3.jpg

Yeah right.

Get a grip.

Quick Reply

Latest