The Student Room Group

Bad to mention UMS in personal statement?

Hi, so I'm applying for law at Oxford and was wondering if it's a wise idea to mention my UMS for maths. I saw a successful PS doing this for maths at Oxford (I know it's not all about the PS), so I was wondering if it is wise to the same for law. The reason why I'm considering this is that I feel they'd be happy to get someone who is good at maths/further maths, especially since you need some logic for law. So, any thoughts?

Thanks! x
Reply 1
Original post by metalTree007
Hi, so I'm applying for law at Oxford and was wondering if it's a wise idea to mention my UMS for maths. I saw a successful PS doing this for maths at Oxford (I know it's not all about the PS), so I was wondering if it is wise to the same for law. The reason why I'm considering this is that I feel they'd be happy to get someone who is good at maths/further maths, especially since you need some logic for law. So, any thoughts?

Thanks! x

If your UMS is really good it should be mentioned in your reference (if you want it mentioned), you shouldn't be talking about your grades in your PS usually :smile:
Original post by Lau14
If your UMS is really good it should be mentioned in your reference (if you want it mentioned), you shouldn't be talking about your grades in your PS usually :smile:

Ah I see, I guess I'll have to ask my teachers what they put in! Thanks a lot! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending