The Student Room Group

what should i do?

Recently I failed my AS levels ( I got horrible grades don't ask), my parents are going crazy and saying that I am going to mess up my life. I have decided that I am going to drop A-levels all together and choose to do B-Tec level 3 business as I feel it is more suited towards me and I have a better shot at applying to University's. I really want to study for a Business management degree and have no idea which university's to look at. I ask you my fellow TSR'ians to help me and guide on what to do and what to look at. My ultimate goal is to go to University and make my parents happy.
P.S I live in a competitive environment, I have brothers and cousins who are around my age that perform better than me academically speaking.... I don't know what to do, I feel death is near...
Original post by shoriffmiah
Recently I failed my AS levels ( I got horrible grades don't ask), my parents are going crazy and saying that I am going to mess up my life. I have decided that I am going to drop A-levels all together and choose to do B-Tec level 3 business as I feel it is more suited towards me and I have a better shot at applying to University's. I really want to study for a Business management degree and have no idea which university's to look at. I ask you my fellow TSR'ians to help me and guide on what to do and what to look at. My ultimate goal is to go to University and make my parents happy.
P.S I live in a competitive environment, I have brothers and cousins who are around my age that perform better than me academically speaking.... I don't know what to do, I feel death is near...

If you feel as if resitting AS-Level exams is something that would be too difficult for you then do consider taking Btec. You can get into a university with Btec so don't stress. Do you want me to list a few universities that accept Btec students?

I understand the pressure you're in right now. Keep a positive mind set and be ready to work really hard this coming year. I hope it all works out for you. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by undercxver
If you feel as if resitting AS-Level exams is something that would be too difficult for you then do consider taking Btec. You can get into a university with Btec so don't stress. Do you want me to list a few universities that accept Btec students?

I understand the pressure you're in right now. Keep a positive mind set and be ready to work really hard this coming year. I hope it all works out for you. :h:

Thank you for your kind words, I would greatly appreciate if you could list some university's. Some say you cannot achieve success without failure, the way I see it is this is a learning experience for me, I know that in the coming years I will have to work harder just so I don't have to experience what I felt during my AS levels. It almost drives me and pushes me to aim higher but at the same I question myself, why didn't I work just that little bit harder, why didn't I stay back for those important revision sessions... Ultimately I still think doing A-levels was the wrong path for me to get to university and that doing B-Tec is a good alternative option.
Original post by shoriffmiah
Thank you for your kind words, I would greatly appreciate if you could list some university's. Some say you cannot achieve success without failure, the way I see it is this is a learning experience for me, I know that in the coming years I will have to work harder just so I don't have to experience what I felt during my AS levels. It almost drives me and pushes me to aim higher but at the same I question myself, why didn't I work just that little bit harder, why didn't I stay back for those important revision sessions... Ultimately I still think doing A-levels was the wrong path for me to get to university and that doing B-Tec is a good alternative option.

Do you know how many points the Btec Business Studies level 3 is? I'm not too sure on how the points work for that.

Meanwhile I've found an excellent university which accepts Btecs, not sure if your one is accepted though. :hmmmm:

QMUL Business Management BSc (3 years)
- BTEC National Certificate (12 units) - Not accepted
- BTEC National Diploma (18 units) - Acceptable on its own. Subjects and grades required: Overall DDD [Additional information: . You must have 5 GCSEs at grades A*–C, including B in English (language or literature) and B in Mathematics]
Reply 4
Original post by undercxver
Do you know how many points the Btec Business Studies level 3 is? I'm not too sure on how the points work for that.

Meanwhile I've found an excellent university which accepts Btecs, not sure if your one is accepted though. :hmmmm:

QMUL Business Management BSc (3 years)
- BTEC National Certificate (12 units) - Not accepted
- BTEC National Diploma (18 units) - Acceptable on its own. Subjects and grades required: Overall DDD [Additional information: . You must have 5 GCSEs at grades A*–C, including B in English (language or literature) and B in Mathematics]

To add to this, 6 units is equivalent to 1 A level. So the national certificate is only 2 A levels which is why it is not usually accepted unless you also do A levels on top. National diploma is 18 units so 3 A levels. So make sure you do the right course.

Quick Reply

Latest