The Student Room Group

Bad UCKAT, decent grades?

So my UKCAT was just as bad as I thought it'd be tbh.
VR- 580
AR-600
QR-710
SR- band 2, so an average of 630. meh.
My GCSEs were good, 9a*s, 2as
AS grades were decent, 2as, 2bs
I have 1 week private & 1 week nhs work experience.
Do I even have a chance of applying, and what unis do you think don't use UKCAT that much? Should I just gap the year? :confused::confused:
Original post by AKK6199
So my UKCAT was just as bad as I thought it'd be tbh.
VR- 580
AR-600
QR-710
SR- band 2, so an average of 630. meh.
My GCSEs were good, 9a*s, 2as
AS grades were decent, 2as, 2bs
I have 1 week private & 1 week nhs work experience.
Do I even have a chance of applying, and what unis do you think don't use UKCAT that much? Should I just gap the year? :confused::confused:

of course! look at birmingham! they prioritise academics over ukcat!
Reply 2
Original post by rehmanator
of course! look at birmingham! they prioritise academics over ukcat!

I wish I could but I got A*A in double science and they want A*A*. So frustrating cos I was a mark off and didn't get it remarked :mad: stupid i know ahhh. thanks though :smile:
Reply 3
I think you stand a chance as long as you look at places where UKCAT does not have a huge emphasis maybe birmingham but I would suggest cardiff due to your GCSEs. Also maybe Bristol depending on your personal statement. Tbh you haven't got much to lose if you apply this year as you've already done the hard UKCAT part then if you don't get in then you can always apply again. Also you consider applying to BMAT unis
Original post by AKK6199
I wish I could but I got A*A in double science and they want A*A*. So frustrating cos I was a mark off and didn't get it remarked :mad: stupid i know ahhh. thanks though :smile:

trust me your ukcat score is just above average of 615-625! look at liverpool, manchester, etc if not then look at bmat unis, leeds, imperial etc. your gcse grades are phenomenal!
Reply 5
Original post by rehmanator
trust me your ukcat score is just above average of 615-625! look at liverpool, manchester, etc if not then look at bmat unis, leeds, imperial etc. your gcse grades are phenomenal!

Really :frown: I thought the average is much higher? There's only leeds that uses bmat for dentistry ahhh might give that a shot. Thanks again x

Quick Reply

Latest