The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoli1998
Hey I sent off my entire psychology a level (all 4 units) on the 24th as a priority remark. Does this mean I will still get my remark by the 31st since that's 18 days since the 18th? Or will it be later because I didn't send it off on the 18th?

It may be later - which exam board was it with? Why did you wait 6 days before applying? AQA say they will only get priority re-marks back by 31 August if they went in by (I think) 22 or 23 August.
Original post by Compost
It may be later - which exam board was it with? Why did you wait 6 days before applying? AQA say they will only get priority re-marks back by 31 August if they went in by (I think) 22 or 23 August.

It was AQA :/ that's really annoying. My firm choice said if I got a B instead of C by the 31st, they would give me the place. I should have sent it off earlier but I was hesitant about getting the remark as i was close to a D, but also wanted to ask my subject teacher for advice but he took a while to get back to me. Also, there were some financial issues that conflicted with sending it off. just have to hope for the best. Thanks for the response.
Reply 202
Original post by windies
10 raw

**** thats sick i need this
Reply 203
Original post by family'sfailure
I have been getting good grades in psy all year (AQA A) and I was counting on it as my A* grade for Cambridge but I suddenly came out with a C in unit 3 which I just can't understand as I came out thinking it genuinely went very well. I've missed my Cambridge offer now so am desperately waiting for remarks:// hoping that they made an error in adding it up or something

Got PSYA3 remarked was 2 marks off an A, it went down 2 marks!!
I sent BIOL5 AQA for a remark, was 5 UMS away from an A overall. Came to me this morning and I have gone up 4UMS. NOW I'M ONLY 1 UMS AWAY, DO I SEND MY UNIT 4 FOR A REMARK????????????
Original post by Kings_queens
I sent BIOL5 AQA for a remark, was 5 UMS away from an A overall. Came to me this morning and I have gone up 4UMS. NOW I'M ONLY 1 UMS AWAY, DO I SEND MY UNIT 4 FOR A REMARK????????????

its worth a go esically if you really wnt that A
does your uni depend on this?
also i am still waiting for my bio5 remark, around what time did u receive this ?
Original post by sarahellens
its worth a go esically if you really wnt that A
does your uni depend on this?
also i am still waiting for my bio5 remark, around what time did u receive this ?

yes i definitely do want the A.
No but im taking a gap year and applying to medicine and if i dont get an A i shall have to retake it which will disrupt my gap year plans.
I received it in the post this morning, but on the letter it said the 25th august.
Good luck how many marks do you need?
yes i definitely do want the A.
No but im taking a gap year and applying to medicine and if i dont get an A i shall have to retake it which will disrupt my gap year plans.
I received it in the post this morning, but on the letter it said the 25th august.
Good luck how many marks do you need?

are you serious? i am stil waiting and my uni depends on this. i need 4 raw marks to get my firm offer. thanks
yh i would say unit 4 is worth remarking if it means that you dont have to retake
you also need to consider money side of things
are you serious? i am stil waiting and my uni depends on this. i need 4 raw marks to get my firm offer. thanks
yh i would say unit 4 is worth remarking if it means that you dont have to retake
you also need to consider money side of things

wow really? have you rang up your school yet? mine was a non priority remark aswell. Yeah definitely going to send for a unit 4 remark next monday, money isn't really an issue as it determines my whole future lol
wow really? have you rang up your school yet? mine was a non priority remark aswell. Yeah definitely going to send for a unit 4 remark next monday, money isn't really an issue as it determines my whole future lol

my school is so useless, it makes me angry
yeah good luck with remark unit 4!1 hopefully you will get what you need!!
my school is so useless, it makes me angry
yeah good luck with remark unit 4!1 hopefully you will get what you need!!

yeah i'd be fuming too especially when your uni depends on it. What course is it for? and thanks! you too
yeah i'd be fuming too especially when your uni depends on it. What course is it for? and thanks! you too

called audiology. i am fuming
still havent heard anything and the deadline is at 5pm
Is anyone doing post-remark appealing for results? I'm considering it but I don't know if it's worth it..
(My remark came back exactly the same, but I think it's a mistake due to the way they "remark" in the new system and the fact that I was predicted an A/A* but got a D.)
Original post by SabbyCat
Is anyone doing post-remark appealing for results? I'm considering it but I don't know if it's worth it..
(My remark came back exactly the same, but I think it's a mistake due to the way they "remark" in the new system and the fact that I was predicted an A/A* but got a D.)

which subject is this? I am awaiting a priority remark from AQA Literature in which I received a C in the exam (D in resit) despite receiving As/A*s all year :frown:
Original post by Lularose83
F324 went up by 4 ums so I have a B in chemistry now! No change in biology though 😥

fk that's exactly what I need (4 ums in f324), how long did your remark take? I ordered mine 10 days ago and still haven't heard back :s 3 ums away from A* in chem but think it's impossible to go up by a number which isn't a multiple of 2 in f324, as 1 mark = 2 ums?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by k.russell
fk that's exactly what I need (4 ums in f324), how long did your remark take? I ordered mine 10 days ago and still haven't heard back :s 3 ums away from A* in chem but think it's impossible to go up by a number which isn't a multiple of 2 in f324, as 1 mark = 2 ums?

I got my back last week! I went up two marks which was 4 ums so I think you're right. I got my paper back and the questions I got those two marks on were based on structure/ drawing. The first examiner marked it wrong based on incorrect structure but apparently this was not being tested. A similar thing may have happened with your paper, so good luck and I hope you get the A*!
Original post by SabbyCat

You will need support from a senior person in your school if you want to appeal. It is very expensive and there are only a tiny number of successful appeals each year. It is really massively unlikely that a D that comes back remarked as a D is really A/A* work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lularose83
I got my back last week! I went up two marks which was 4 ums so I think you're right. I got my paper back and the questions I got those two marks on were based on structure/ drawing. The first examiner marked it wrong based on incorrect structure but apparently this was not being tested. A similar thing may have happened with your paper, so good luck and I hope you get the A*!

hopefully! they are taking their time giving mine back so maybe they have made changes lol I drew out a mechanism crossed it out and repeated underneath, so hopefully I can gain marks for that?
I sent off for a standard remark for my AQA Law01 exam paper. How long do these usually take?
Original post by BR1999
I sent off for a standard remark for my AQA Law01 exam paper. How long do these usually take?

About 1 week, although they only guarantee to do it in about 28 days.

Quick Reply

Latest