The Student Room Group

BTEC Results day

What is results day? Is it like A levels or GCSE's?
Reply 1
Yeah basically, it's when your grades are confirmed and you get your diploma. With BTEC you can already know majority of your grades beforehand and there is no set specific date like with A levels and such.
Do you know by then what unis are accepting you? And do we go in and get our diplomas?
Reply 3
Original post by grace_augustine
Do you know by then what unis are accepting you? And do we go in and get our diplomas?

The timeline is something like this. The school year starts in September. You apply for uni's in like October. Know which universities offer you a place by about February. Usually it's a conditional offer like you'll be given a place if you get at least DDD. Your course usually ends in June. You get your grade confirmation any time between June and mid august and as soon as you do, your selected universities that gave you offers confirm if they are accepting you or not. The diploma is usually sent through mail to your address that your college or school has and universities get informed about your grades through UCAS
Original post by Devify
The timeline is something like this. The school year starts in September. You apply for uni's in like October. Know which universities offer you a place by about February. Usually it's a conditional offer like you'll be given a place if you get at least DDD. Your course usually ends in June. You get your grade confirmation any time between June and mid august and as soon as you do, your selected universities that gave you offers confirm if they are accepting you or not. The diploma is usually sent through mail to your address that your college or school has and universities get informed about your grades through UCAS

If I get ddd for all the university that is require? I get a place
Reply 5
Original post by grace_augustine
If I get ddd for all the university that is require? I get a place

Depends on the offer your uni gives. If they ask for DDD, you will be given a place if you get DDD or higher. My university asked for D*D*D* so I had to get that to get in.
I need answers, I'm in my first year of applied science extended diploma ad results have come in, mostly everyone has got merits but I really don't know how it's possible for some people because they didn't even do anything during the year so how did they manage to get merit?
Original post by EnemyofState
I need answers, I'm in my first year of applied science extended diploma ad results have come in, mostly everyone has got merits but I really don't know how it's possible for some people because they didn't even do anything during the year so how did they manage to get merit?

I know what you mean!!!
Reply 8
Original post by EnemyofState

Overall merit can be achieved with mostly passes and a few merits and distinctions. You would need to know how they did in every single unit for you to say that they got it without doing anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending