The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is this a list of "people who overcharge the most for their knowledge"?:giggle: Because you got the first one right, but I'd probably change it to.

engineers > lawyers > everyone else. :deal:
Original post by Observatory
I agree; trash collection is important.

There is no treatment for cold.

The flu then.
Original post by awesomebrah
i earn 80k per year.

you're welcome.

lol.. was this thread made to stroke your ego?

How do you feel about making the same as a first year out of uni banker/quant trader/software engineer (at Google/FB)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by venetiaan
The flu then.

There is no treatment for flu.
Original post by Princepieman

How do you feel about making the same as a first year out of uni banker/quant trader/software engineer (at Google/FB)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha.

Buried, well and truly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wonder how the bankers feel about making less than 20% of what 18 year old footballers in the BPL earn
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by squish562
I wonder how the bankers feel about making less than 10% of what 18 year old footballers in the BPL earn

Different strokes, you need a certain physical build to play professional football. Most people aren't born with that capability, but an engineer can do any of the jobs I mentioned, some maybe after a bit of training.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i earn 80k per year.

you're welcome.

So? I earn 14.2m Zimbabwean dollars per year.
this is just the truth and you know it!!!

engineers are the best.

Law, medicine, engineering are all subsets of science...
Original post by Observatory
There is no treatment for flu.

Υοu usually do take some meds. My point is that something very simple could escalate into something serious.My dad had the flu or a cold I'm not sure and wasn't careful and now he has a shadow on his lung.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Law, medicine, engineering are all subsets of science...

Law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL

CompScis > all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.
Typical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
doctors first :smile:

Social science.
Original post by Lemauricien
But if you get a heart valve disease, who does the operation to save your life ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do know engineers build, design and came up with the theories for most medical instruments.

Also hagen poiseuille equation used to model blood flow...tubes designed to rebuild arteries...engineer
Different strokes, you need a certain physical build to play professional football. Most people aren't born with that capability, but an engineer can do any of the jobs I mentioned, some maybe after a bit of training.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was trying to show how ridiculous it was to compare that salary to other jobs like you did. An engineer might not want to work in a high paid banking or tech job. 80k is an amazing salary and comparing that to the small number of bankers and tech people earning 80k in their first year is pretty stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For an engineer, 80k is a lot of money
He might not want to work in banking or tech or quant trading lol
Original post by cbreef
UK: Hey Nazi Germany, can you please stop dropping bombs on London please? :tongue:

Well, Hitler actually offered peace to Britain after the fall of France so bombs on London could have been entirely avoided.

(Whether or not this would have been a lasting peace is another matter. Hitler promised peace after the Reoccupation of the Rhineland, Munich Treaty and the Vienna Award. Still, Germany knew it couldn't compete with the Royal Navy but i digress and this doesn't invalidate the point that soldiers are useful.)
Original post by squish562
I was trying to show how ridiculous it was to compare that salary to other jobs like you did. An engineer might not want to work in a high paid banking or tech job. 80k is an amazing salary and comparing that to the small number of bankers and tech people earning 80k in their first year is pretty stupid.

Original post by Trapz99
For an engineer, 80k is a lot of money
He might not want to work in banking or tech or quant trading lol

Dear all,

Ty for the opinions, but as you're all aware, I'm pretty sure that my response was 'in jest'. Thus, it would be quite appropriate to therefore not get butthurt in this situation - it is merely exchange with a poster who wanted a slight ego boost with his own response.

If you have any other qualms, do inform me as I would love to discuss this matter even further.

Regards,
Prince