The Student Room Group

English controlled assessment

I really need a B in english language. I did the june 2016 exam and i got a C overall. C in the exam and C in the coursework (51/80).
Im resitting in november 2016 and im going to redo my courseworks to get it to atleast a solid B grade so even if i get a C in the exam it will be a B overall.

To ensure i get a good coursework mark, should i get a tutor to help out or what shall i do? please advise me .
Thanks
Original post by Revisionguide101
I really need a B in english language. I did the june 2016 exam and i got a C overall. C in the exam and C in the coursework (51/80).
Im resitting in november 2016 and im going to redo my courseworks to get it to atleast a solid B grade so even if i get a C in the exam it will be a B overall.

To ensure i get a good coursework mark, should i get a tutor to help out or what shall i do? please advise me .
Thanks

I think a tutor would definitely help you, I had a tutor for maths and he bumped my grade up massively. However I also think that if you put a lot of time into doing revision you will be able to get the grade you want. Can I ask what it is you are studying in English?
Original post by katie_H13
I think a tutor would definitely help you, I had a tutor for maths and he bumped my grade up massively. However I also think that if you put a lot of time into doing revision you will be able to get the grade you want. Can I ask what it is you are studying in English?

Hi, it is the English language AQA , i have 4 controlled assesments which i previously spent time on making it good but it was only a C. When school starts next week i will be able to find out the control assesment topics.

One thing that worried me is that a friend of mine got a tutor and requested his work to be an A. he spent over 100 pounds on it and the coursework was marked to a C. Dont want that to happen to me aha
Reply 3
Coursework is massively important for English but so are those exams. Since you already have the skills (you have that C) they just need a bit of a polish. A tutor will coach you on techniques for both to bring you up to the next grade.

Quick Reply

Latest