The Student Room Group

MoD Information Graduate Scheme - 2016

Anyone here been accepted or has applied for this scheme? I don't know if it's my Google-fu that is failing me or what, but other than the official description on the MOD website, I cant seem to find anyone talking about it or sharing their experience with it.

Scroll to see replies

I've been accepted and received an official offer. What can I help you with? :smile:
Reply 2
Congrats! What was the timeline like from application to offer? And where are you going to be working?
Thank you =)
I applied last November, was offered in december and received official offer this week, start end of september. Based in corsham =)*
Reply 4
Original post by Revengancex
Thank you =)
I applied last November, was offered in december and received official offer this week, start end of september. Based in corsham =)*

Oh wow, that's exciting! Did you get the official offer in an email or a letter?

I really appreciate you answering these questions. This thread felt a bit like a desert. :smile:

How long did you have to wait between your provisional and formal offer?
Official offer via letter. It took from December 2015 till now to receive the formal offer, you have to wait until all security checks are done.

No problem =) Anything to help!*
Reply 6
Official offer via letter. It took from December 2015 till now to receive the formal offer, you have to wait until all security checks are done.

No problem =) Anything to help!*

Hi did you have a SC/DV granted? I've applied for a different scheme but am still waiting. I received my provisional offer in March 16.
Reply 7
Did you check the website? Does it say completed for status?
Reply 8
Original post by GythaOgg
Did you check the website? Does it say completed for status?

Been in progress for ages. I think I read somewhere it takes around 6 weeks but when I call them they say it takes as long as it takes
Reply 9
It can take a very long time. Are you waiting for SC or DV? Ive seen SC take three weeks and I've seen it take 3-4 months based on posts here.
Reply 10
It can take a very long time. Are you waiting for SC or DV? Ive seen SC take three weeks and I've seen it take 3-4 months based on posts here.

SC I think.
Original post by Tbx
Hi did you have a SC/DV granted? I've applied for a different scheme but am still waiting. I received my provisional offer in March 16.

I've got an SC granted. It took From December till about March time to complete and lots of back and forth communication. You can ring the SC team and they can give you an update
Reply 12
I've got an SC granted. It took From December till about March time to complete and lots of back and forth communication. You can ring the SC team and they can give you an update

I had to have a vetting interview as well. I was also due to start in September and my vetting officer said they would escalate it. Is the SC team the nsv vetting number?
Reply 13
Original post by Tbx
I had to have a vetting interview as well. I was also due to start in September and my vetting officer said they would escalate it. Is the SC team the nsv vetting number?

As far am I am aware, sc doesn't require a vetting interview. I think you might be going through a DV in which case the long wait makes a lot more sense.

I'd just hunker down if I were you. DV takes a good long time.
Reply 14
As far am I am aware, sc doesn't require a vetting interview. I think you might be going through a DV in which case the long wait makes a lot more sense.

I'd just hunker down if I were you. DV takes a good long time.

I'm not enjoying my current job so want to move on ASAP. To make things worse even though I'm on probation I have a 1 month notice period. I heard a SC took 18 months for someone!! :redface:
Original post by Tbx
I'm not enjoying my current job so want to move on ASAP. To make things worse even though I'm on probation I have a 1 month notice period. I heard a SC took 18 months for someone!! :redface:

SC's normally take 3-4 months. DV's can be anywhere from 4 - 9 months (in extreme cases longer). If you had a vetting officer, it was definitely a DV and that can take a long time as they go into 10 years of history of yourself, family, partners, finances, everything.*
Reply 16
I'm girding up my loins to call them today. I can't shake the feeling that this would be a bad idea as it is intrusive but this wait is driving me up the wall.
Reply 17
SC's normally take 3-4 months. DV's can be anywhere from 4 - 9 months (in extreme cases longer). If you had a vetting officer, it was definitely a DV and that can take a long time as they go into 10 years of history of yourself, family, partners, finances, everything.*

Thank for the info :smile:. Do you like your role, hopefully I will be based in the south west.

I'm girding up my loins to call them today. I can't shake the feeling that this would be a bad idea as it is intrusive but this wait is driving me up the wall.

Give them a ring and see what happens.
Original post by Tbx
Thank for the info :smile:. Do you like your role, hopefully I will be based in the south west.

I have no idea yet! Not started just yet >.<
Reply 19
Was definitely a good idea to ring them. Wish I'd done it sooner. Now have start date and a go ahead to give notice. Whew! On to next challenge!

Quick Reply

Latest