The Student Room Group

How do I know if a girl is only after my money?

I need advice. I have a girlfriend who likes to live a certain way due to her family back ground. We both come from affluent families and I am worried that she is only with me because I can provide the sort of lifestyle she has become accustomed too
I'm sure there's plenty of rich people out there... what makes you think that anyway?
Original post by Freddyt58
I need advice. I have a girlfriend who likes to live a certain way due to her family back ground. We both come from affluent families and I am worried that she is only with me because I can provide the sort of lifestyle she has become accustomed too

Take her to a real fancy expensive restaurant them when it comes to taking the bill, say you forgot your wallet and see how she reacts.
Reply 3
Original post by marcobruni98
I'm sure there's plenty of rich people out there... what makes you think that anyway?

Yes there are many rich people, but maybe I am an easy target because I must admit before I met her I was new to the whole dating game. I went to an all boys boarding school.
I suppose all the media about rich guys and wives who are too pretty. And a recent thread I read about a girl who was looking for a rich man to marry because she wanted an easy life
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Take her to a real fancy expensive restaurant them when it comes to taking the bill, say you forgot your wallet and see how she reacts.

The problem isn't affording things now, as we both have a trust set up by our respective families. The problem is that I am the sole beneficiary of the fathers fortune and grand fathers (on my mum's side) and that she will not be receiving very much inheritance money from her family as she is the youngest daughter and their eldest son is male.
The problem isn't affording things now, as we both have a trust set up by our respective families. The problem is that I am the sole beneficiary of the fathers fortune and grand fathers (on my mum's side) and that she will not be receiving very much inheritance money from her family as she is the youngest daughter and their eldest son is male.

Does she know that?

If not, then throw out that you want to make your own fortune and stuff. That you'll donate the money or something blah blah.

If she gets reluctant after that, then you know. If she supports you and says that it's good you're going to do it off your own back, then that's a big plus.
Reply 6
their eldest son is male.

Sons traditionally are.
Reply 7
You should only worry about that when you get to 26+.

That's when your money is beneficial to them. Right now we all swimming in student loan so she's probably not into you for your money. She is into you for your many other qualities.

Have fun
Original post by Iron Bowl
Sons traditionally are.

:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have money? If yes then whether it is a conscious decision or not, money will of been a factor in her finding you attractive.

Whether it is that you have more money than her, whether it means your more stable and can look after yourself etc etc. It's a factor in her being interested.

Plot twist: what if YOU are only in it for the money?! *crowd gasps*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by marcobruni98
Plot twist: what if YOU are only in it for the money?! *crowd gasps*

That would be a change :tongue:
No but honestly as the sole inheritor of my fathers and my grandfather (my mothers side of the family) I think I will be fine on my own
Did you forget to post this thread under anon like your other one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending