The Student Room Group

Could I apply to Oxford

For my GCSEs I achieved appalling grades 1A*6A2B. I have just received my AS results and achieved AAAC in maths, physics , chemistry and further maths respectively, which I know isn't up to Oxbridge standards. I am going to do maths physics and further maths at A2. If I achieve A*A*A/A*A*A* by working hard and resitting AS FM, could I get a place for physics at oxford if I apply for 2018???

please be brutally honest
Reply 1
probably better to apply during a gap year if you get the grades but might as well try anyways cause nobody here can tell you for sure whether you're gonna get in. someone i know got an interview with AAAB for AS and very similar gcse grades however they are from a low performing school and didn't get an offer ( for physics ) so i guess its not completely impossible but dont get your hopes up. the C at AS won't do you any favours especially considering this subject is essential for your course :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by fefssdf
probably better to apply during a gap year if you get the grades but might as well try anyways cause nobody here can tell you for sure whether you're gonna get in. someone i know got an interview with AAAB for AS and very similar gcse grades however they are from a low performing school and didn't get an offer ( for physics ) so i guess its not completely impossible but dont get your hopes up. the C at AS won't do you any favours especially considering this subject is essential for your course :frown:

thank you very much for the honest truth. im not even going to lie and say 'who needs oxbridge' lol but I guess I will have to move on with my life and not to be too heart broken.

Quick Reply

Latest