The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Winstanley College?

This is a super long shot so sorry about this - just figured I'd make a most in case there's a teeny tiny chance someone going to Wigan's Winstanley sixth form'll happen upon this. Please reply if you are!

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I am hopefully going to go there- if I can get in, that is! I'm really nervous as I'm scared I'll miss out getting in by one point. >.< So stressful agh! ~J
Reply 3
Original post by TooGay4DisLyf
I am hopefully going to go there- if I can get in, that is! I'm really nervous as I'm scared I'll miss out getting in by one point. >.< So stressful agh! ~J

Ahhhh! That's so cool! I'm really nervous, too. I'm sure you'll get enough points! Plus, depending on your subjects or individual grades they might give you a place just based on that :-) What are you planning on taking?
I'm planning on going there!
Reply 5
Original post by floralandfading
I'm planning on going there!

Oh! Yay! What are you planning on studying? :-)
Original post by saladays
Oh! Yay! What are you planning on studying? :-)

Honestly I carry on changing my mind, but probably maths and physics, and then the others will most likely be based on which subjects I get the best results in (out of biology, chemistry, history, computer science??, or even further maths if my dad manages to persuade me on that)
What about you?
Reply 7
Original post by floralandfading
Honestly I carry on changing my mind, but probably maths and physics, and then the others will most likely be based on which subjects I get the best results in (out of biology, chemistry, history, computer science??, or even further maths if my dad manages to persuade me on that)
What about you?

Oh, no, I know what you mean! They sound super hard but maybe that's just me. Are those the four you took on your taster day (if you went?). I'm the complete opposite, I'm absolutely rubbish at anything sciency. Planning on doing Creative Writing, Literature and Graphics and also an EPQ (but I'm going back and forth on that, wasn't impressed with the taster session at all... apparently universities like it at least?).
Reply 8
I was looking at it but i'm not so sure yet
Reply 9
Sorry, another bump since results are out.
Just wondering if anybody else is going to that Maths day at Winstanley tomorrow? I have to go as I got a B in Maths and I'm studying it.
Original post by Prudator
Just wondering if anybody else is going to that Maths day at Winstanley tomorrow? I have to go as I got a B in Maths and I'm studying it.

I'm going to the maths day tomorrow as I got a B as well. Do you know anyone that's going to Winstanley from your school?
Original post by CharlieT1
I'm going to the maths day tomorrow as I got a B as well. Do you know anyone that's going to Winstanley from your school?

I don't know anyone going, none of my friends are and I'm not sure of anyone else going.
I'll be going there, I got accepted a few days ago and i'm studying Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Although because I got a B in Maths I have to go to a Maths day tomorrow, the 31st.
I don't know anyone going, none of my friends are and I'm not sure of anyone else going.

I'm the same none of my friends are going there. Where are you from?
Original post by CharlieT1
I'm the same none of my friends are going there. Where are you from?

I live in Billinge, I came from Rainford High school. What about yourself?
I live in Billinge, I came from Rainford High school. What about yourself?

I live in Bury and went to Elton High. What group were you in today?
Reply 17
I'll be going there, I got accepted a few days ago and i'm studying Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Although because I got a B in Maths I have to go to a Maths day tomorrow, the 31st.

Did they let you take A-level maths with a B in GCSE maths?
Reply 18
Soooo, anyone starting tomorrow?
Original post by iHammmy
Did they let you take A-level maths with a B in GCSE maths?

I'm doing maths and I got a B. They let you do it as long as you go to a GCSE maths day to do some algebra.

Original post by saladays
Soooo, anyone starting tomorrow?

I am who's your personal tutor?

Quick Reply

Latest