The Student Room Group

GLS training contract application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AustinTX
I can imagine. It seems odd to go through different training structures to end up in the same job. Why do they bother?

Each of the professions has different requirements. As for why they bother to have both I don't know. The job is basically a fused profession - doesn't fit either branch comfortably
Original post by Ethereal
Each of the professions has different requirements. As for why they bother to have both I don't know. The job is basically a fused profession - doesn't fit either branch comfortably

And has it lived up to your expectations in terms of the breadth of work you deal with and how interesting it is?
I presume no one has heard?
Original post by Simba03
I presume no one has heard?

Not me
Reply 144
Anyone heard anything
No, absolute agony!
Not a wombat!
Nope. Driving me mad! Was sure we'd hear today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any idea how many passed?
Original post by Simba03
Does anyone have any idea how many passed?

No clue. Either we're all PFOed or they've not sent offers out yet...
Please excuse my ignorance. PFO? eh?
"Please **** off" colloquial term for a rejection
Makes perfect sense!!
But, my gut feeling is that offers haven't yet gone out. Would be quite odd if in the obviously smallish number of people left in the race that none of us had got an offer!
I agree. I don't think they've told anyone yet. I reckon at least one of us will hear when they start contacting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsr_sleuth
But, my gut feeling is that offers haven't yet gone out. Would be quite odd if in the obviously smallish number of people left in the race that none of us had got an offer!

I think the AC has 100ish so not beyond the realms of possibility

100ish passed? I think 136 attended

Do you mean those who passed? As Simba says, 136 attended the actual AC.

A follow-up e-mail was then sent out on the 26th to those who had 'passed' the AC, and those who had 'failed'. I think the question was relating to the number that had 'passed' it, i.e. those who were through to the final stage. As I've said previously, could in theory be 1 or 136 as it appears to be based on the objective scoring criteria...But I'm guessing not that many passed?
Original post by tsr_sleuth
Do you mean those who passed? As Simba says, 136 attended the actual AC.

A follow-up e-mail was then sent out on the 26th to those who had 'passed' the AC, and those who had 'failed'. I think the question was relating to the number that had 'passed' it, i.e. those who were through to the final stage. As I've said previously, could in theory be 1 or 136 as it appears to be based on the objective scoring criteria...But I'm guessing not that many passed?

Ah! That's a new(ish?) step. It used to be "have a job" or "PFO" without the pass/fail letters
Ah! That's a new(ish?) step. It used to be "have a job" or "PFO" without the pass/fail letters

No idea - this is my first time applying (hopefully last :wink:). In truth, I'm not sure I understand the utility of an interim step - it's just made matters ridiculously agonising!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending