The Student Room Group

Time for you to CREATE a new GCSE or A LEVEL!! what would it be?

saw an old joke thread about wondering whether A Level Colouring or A Level Dot-To-Dot were real courses, which gave me some inspiration to start this thread.

SO, if YOU were to create a new A Level course, or GCSE:

What would the course be called?
What would you need to do, to pass the exam / or would there be coursework?

For me I'd create a new A Level course called A Level Harry Potter & you'd have practical assessments on all the lessons, & marked on essays relevant to magical subjects. There would be trips within the course which would consist of going to the studio tour & the one in America, we'd also analyse books & movies, & extra points would be awarded for going on fan sites, writing fanfiction, regularly going on Pottermore, & on Jk Rowlings site.
There would be no exam as this is based on coursework.

GCSE Quidditch would also be an acceptable option - applicants will learn how to look after their own broomstick, play Quidditch, on the ground and in the air, attend regular Quidditch trials, and making comparisons on how muggle sports differ from Quidditch. Trips would consist of attending the Quidditch World Cup. The candidate will sit an exam required them to write about what they've learnt in the subject. A controlled assessment will be undertaken by playing the actual game of Quidditch and will be marked on their game.

Time to create the GCSE or A Level you wish YOU wanted to exist :smile:
enjoy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A-Level in TSR Studies

Coursework: Use TSR to answer case study on Social Interactions on Internet Forums
Exam: Answer questions about TSR, can be on anything (users, rules, threads)

Fail = Ban on TSR
A* = Job at TSR
Original post by bizzy_penguin
say

The Banter Qualification
(edited 7 years ago)
equestrian- care of horses and equitation GCSE and A-level!!!
The study of memes
Reply 5
Id like a GCSE & A-Level in sleeping because I'd A* both
The roadman GCSE/ A-level
Original post by UWS
A-Level in TSR Studies

Coursework: Use TSR to answer case study on Social Interactions on Internet Forums
Exam: Answer questions about TSR, can be on anything (users, rules, threads)

Fail = Ban on TSR
A* = Job at TSR

if there is a GCSE TSR will it help me gain some possible work experience?
Reply 8
A level gaming:biggrin:
You get to choose different 'modules' which basically are different genre's of games. Not sure how you'd get graded tho :s-smilie:
A-level napping.

A* if you don't turn up to the exam because you overslept.
GCSE adult. Learn how to write formal emails, what to wear for job interviews, learn how to do taxes, develop good small talk skills, dinner party etiquette etc..
Original post by Amelia488
GCSE adult. Learn how to write formal emails, what to wear for job interviews, learn how to do taxes, develop good small talk skills, dinner party etiquette etc..

Especially to know what to do when faced with lots of cutlery.
Original post by Amelia488

I think I need to take this course soon tbh
Reply 13
Original post by laurab21
The study of memes

I could just imagine a subject called Memeology :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
I could just imagine a subject called Memeology :biggrin:

Definitely:') and it can be split into modules like 'classical memes' and 'Brexit memes'
Reply 15
Original post by laurab21
Definitely:':wink: and it can be split into modules like 'classical memes' and 'Brexit memes'

Don't forget about the harambe ones :biggrin::wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BR1999
Don't forget about the harambe ones :biggrin::wink:

I would never forget the Harambe ones:wink:
Reply 17
Id introduce David Beckham and Mickey Mouse studies for the bants. Some idiots out there study this 3 years at university so why not introduce it for GCSE and Alevel students . I'm helping those small universities out there that offer this study by creating more awareness . I'm just joking I'd actually fix up the whole education system. It's so unfair for students doing the new Alevels and GCSE's. The system should be meritocratic
Reply 18
GCSE Sarcasm
A-Level Googling
GCSE Real Life

Ya'know, learn the shiz that is actually useful moving forward...

Latest