The Student Room Group

Hillary Clinton refuses to acknowledge Armenian genocide as a genocide

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
x
So do the Holocaust Memorial Trust, which commemorates recognised genocides on Holocaust Memorial Day. Don't hate on rule-followers, hate on rule-makers. It's not for Hillary Clinton to decide these things nor is it for the president to do so. Therefore, this whole thread (to me anyway) is irrelevant. Good day.
Original post by lawyer3c
Just out of curiosity, are you capable of criticising Hillary without mentioning Donald?

Wow, a post of yours that I agree with, what a pleasant surprise :biggrin:.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Trump attacked a judge simply because he was of Mexican-American descent. He said that the families of terrorists should be tortured. He has repeatedly expressed admiration for Putin and Kim Jong-Il (and Trump is clearly very favourable to Russian interests). He's said many extreme and bigoted things. And he has paid the electoral price; Americans don't like it.

I don't think they "love" her; they see her as a competent candidate who will be far better than Trump.

And how did she "call" for the Iraq War? This is where conspiracy theorist/Trumpite ignorance gets quite irritating. She wasn't in power when the Iraq War happened, the Republicans were. She was in the senate, and she properly voted to give President Bush authority to use military force (and the senate was told that this would primarily be used as diplomatic leverage).

In any case, I don't see what's wrong with getting rid of a genocidal dictator. Iraq has its problems, but once ISIS has been dispatched Iraq will still be a democracy and on the road to rehabilitating as a nation. I simply don't see how it would be better if Qusay Hussein was now President of Iraq. And there's every possibility Iraq would have fallen apart anyway. Like Syria, it was a despotism run by a small sectarian/confessional clique minority. And like Syria, there was an appreciable likelihood that it could have fallen apart into civil war. The US didn't intervene in Syria, the country still fell apart and has had a civil war that makes Iraq's problems look tame by comparison.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Lets take the judge comment for example, Trump is against illegal immigrants, especially highlighting illegal Hispanic immigration. That judge is a member of a group which focuses on supporting and helping illegal Hispanic immigrants, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the judge in question could be biased as a result of that.

I am certain that you were unaware of this, as you are ignorant of the US.
Original post by The_Opinion
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Lets take the judge comment for example, Trump is against illegal immigrants, especially highlighting illegal Hispanic immigration. That judge is a member of a group which focuses on supporting and helping illegal Hispanic immigrants, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the judge in question could be biased as a result of that.

I am certain that you were unaware of this, as you are ignorant of the US.
Give up, he's gone beyond the brink and will just insult you now.
Original post by alevelstresss
You appear to have neglected economics, energy, trade, international relations, gun control, anti-terror stance, diplomacy, equality in society, etc..

ALL of which Hillary Clinton's policies are vastly more developed - regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

Hillarys' policies are more developed? She has failed at all you've mentioned. We need someone to rock the boat a little. Trump is closing the gap in the polls. If he can keep his foot out of his mouth he'll get elected.
I think refusing to acknowledge something is preferable to wanting to bomb innocent people:

skip to 1:39

[video="youtube;WWiaYQUV2oM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiaYQUV2oM[/video]

I don't see a problem. If the family produced a nut job who would fight for ISIS they are probably not all that innocent
Original post by oldercon1953
I don't see a problem. If the family produced a nut job who would fight for ISIS they are probably not all that innocent

assumptive, speculative, unwarranted implications that Hillary fights for ISIS, she doesn't.
Original post by KingBradly
So you're OK with her refusing to acknowledge a genocide, and her selling arms to the KSA for them to kill innocent Yemenis with? Shall we just ignore all that, because Trump (according to you) is worse?

image.jpeg
Crackpot Hillary strikes again!
assumptive, speculative, unwarranted implications that Hillary fights for ISIS, she doesn't.

Aww Gee Wally, I had her pictured ,with knife in hand, standing in front of a kneeling Donald Trump.

I'm afraid you saw an attack on your girl where there was none. Hillary was nowhere in mind when I wrote that reply. I responded to the comment regarding Trumps assertion that we had to take out the families of ISIS terrorists. I'm curious about what it was in my comment that made you think I was suggesting that Hillary fights for ISIS.
Don't you think it's a mistake, when reading history, to apply 21et century morals and ethics to a man living in the 7th century? For the same reason I think it's a mistake to use 21st century morals if your fighting a man who lives his life as if it were the 7th century.
Original post by KimKallstrom
image.jpeg

This from the man who has made himself a total Putin ally because he was on a promise of being able to put up a Trump hotel in Moscow. Doesn't say much for his credibility on anti-corruption. :rolleyes:
Original post by Marked Target
You know, Hilary is a woman and don't you think its time we saw a woman president?

Not when that woman is Hillary, who is much worse than Trump.
Original post by Marked Target
You know, Hilary is a woman and don't you think its time we saw a woman president?

Ya'll are just misogynist pigs who cant stand a woman being elected. I'm sure you're all racist, wife beating terrorists as well.

Did you know, Hilary is a woman? And isn't it about time we saw a woman president?

You're trolling.... right?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
This from the man who has made himself a total Putin ally because he was on a promise of being able to put up a Trump hotel in Moscow. Doesn't say much for his credibility on anti-corruption. :rolleyes:

Building a hotel in Moscow is corruption?? Uncle Putins not such a bad guy. I bet he's slaughtered less people then those M.E. folks you all have welcomed into your country. Putin never did anything to me. There's more anti American crap on tsr than I hear on Russian news. By far.

10 wks. till the election and Trumps not even in high gear yet. Hillarys numbers can go nowhere but down. Trumps, on the other hand.....
Original post by oldercon1953
Building a hotel in Moscow is corruption?? Uncle Putins not such a bad guy. I bet he's slaughtered less people then those M.E. folks you all have welcomed into your country. Putin never did anything to me. There's more anti American crap on tsr than I hear on Russian news. By far.

10 wks. till the election and Trumps not even in high gear yet. Hillarys numbers can go nowhere but down. Trumps, on the other hand.....

Building a hotel isn't corruption. Being willing to cancel major foreign policy positions of the most powerful country on the planet because you want to build a hotel - yeah, I'd guess a lot of people might class that as 'corrupt'. Just a wild guess.
America's just a write-off at this point.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Building a hotel isn't corruption. Being willing to cancel major foreign policy positions of the most powerful country on the planet because you want to build a hotel - yeah, I'd guess a lot of people might class that as 'corrupt'. Just a wild guess.

Give it up. Your lookin' really dumb. He's led a public life for forty yrs. The last 2 yrs. he's had his sh-t gone through, I would guess, like no candidate EVER. What did they find?? Nothing anyone remembers for more that 10 minutes. 40yrs. of dealing with people and never one word about him being a racist. I wonder how many people have been offered cash to step forward and say Trump discriminated against them? Probably quite a few. They tried that with his alleged woman hating crap and it backfired on them. If he wasn't cleaner than Hillary he never would have ran. As it turns out he's a saint compared to Hillary. She has practiced racial politics her whole life. Democratic policies, her policies, have been followed in Chicago since 1950-60s in all the major cities. How'd that work out for Blacks
(edited 7 years ago)
Love that almost none of this thread is to do with the Armenian Genocide.

The only people who care about the Armenian Genocide not being acknowledged is Turkey. Everyone else would be quite keen to call just bash Turkey about it all day long. All this about Saudi, Jews etc - it's all irrelevant nonsense. It's just Turkey and that's a country that's on the verge of falling apart as it is.

On top of that - what exactly is the Armenian lobby on this? How many Armenians apart from Kim Kardashian can most people name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending