The Student Room Group

Is this irrational?...

Scroll to see replies

It depends if it can be expressed as a fraction in the form ab\frac{a}{b} where gcd(a,b)=1\text{gcd}(a,b)=1

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
It's a little awkward at the minute due to the fact of we are both trying to find work and all so the holiday may be put off until next year at some point but definitely worth thinking about!

I'll have that talk of course but I just don't know whether anything shall change as she is quite a stubborn person and we have been without sex for a month or so before now (earlier in our relationship and it did hurt her slightly) but I don't know whether time shall do anything.......just have to wait and see I suppose :/

Don't worry, you have all the time in the world friend :smile:

And yes, stubborn women are the bane of a man's life, and yet they are the single most attractive thing about the fairer sex :P
Original post by Freddyt58
Don't worry, you have all the time in the world friend :smile:

And yes, stubborn women are the bane of a man's life, and yet they are the single most attractive thing about the fairer sex :P

The only issue I have too is that she doesn't like me letting me pay for things for her.

I've just gotta put up with it for the time being :smile:
Reply 23
I get that she may have a feeling of getting caught but I always do my best to reassure her things will be ok and I always check with parents and family about them getting back and times as another safeguard.
We've tried discussing it about 3 times but I just don't think we quite understand each others points well enough as she just thinks I'm a sex maniac and I can't properly understand why she doesn't want to sex with somebody who she finds attractive (I accept it of course but don't quite understand it).
I think I would say that I wouldn't be too happy either with anything less than once a week but there's not a great deal I can do about it either :frown:
Yep, this is the nature of sex drive mismatch. The trouble with libido seems to be that if you don't feel like it, you don't feel like it, a bit like hunger. Maybe try to get to an arrangement where you know when you will get it and anything else is a bonus. And perhaps things will improve on holiday or when you get independent accommodation.
Original post by Zarek
Yep, this is the nature of sex drive mismatch. The trouble with libido seems to be that if you don't feel like it, you don't feel like it, a bit like hunger. Maybe try to get to an arrangement where you know when you will get it and anything else is a bonus. And perhaps things will improve on holiday or when you get independent accommodation.

I wish I was able to make such an agreement with her however she is totally against not only planning such things but also even saying "we'll aim to have sex once a week" because she then says that it's a type of planning so basically at the moment, anything I'm getting feels like a bonus :/
It'll be a couple of years before we get our own accommodation and when we've been on holiday, it seems a lot better and so I guess I'll just have to hold out until we have our own place! D:
Reply 25
No joke, maybe she's banging someone else.
in my opinion we should both have fairly high sex drives for our age

not really. a womans sexual peak is when shes in her late 20s whilst a mans peak is in his teens. this explains why shes not as eager as you. and understandably she doesn't like the discussion because she probably sees your relationship as being something serious whereas with your eagerness it might be coming across that all you are interested in is sex.
Reply 27
Original post by yungaheartz
not really. a womans sexual peak is when shes in her late 20s whilst a mans peak is in his teens. this explains why shes not as eager as you. and understandably she doesn't like the discussion because she probably sees your relationship as being something serious whereas with your eagerness it might be coming across that all you are interested in is sex.

Nonsense.

I never thought that was the case but if it is so, that's just plain frustrating! D: I think we both value our relationship for the more serious side of things however it just gets in each of our nerves that the issue still arises as I would like it more than she would etc.
Original post by RooshV
Nonsense.

what?
So I have been with my girlfriend now for about 19/20 months and things have been fine. We are both the same age (18) and last year we lost our virginity's to each other. We both have siblings and of course our parents and so we find it hard to conduct in any sexual activity about 75% of the time in which we spend together.

My main reason for this discussion is we both have different sex drives, hers lower than mine and after having a discussion about it with her the other night I was wondering whether it is irrational of me; that when either of us have a free house it would be likely for us to do something sexual.
I know that it wouldn't be every time due to thinks like not knowing when family members are going to reappear or things such as her period etc, but she thought I was being quite hasty with that remark whereas I disagree with her. My main reason for my thinking is that in my opinion we should both have fairly high sex drives for our age and generally when people are in the house we say about how we'd like to do something but we can't as there are people in the house but then as soon as we have a free house it's as though i'm trying to get blood out of a stone to try and do anything sexual with her.

We are trying to combat out sexual incompatibility as we are both mature for our age and don't want to break up over it but I just was wondering whether other teens, of both genders have this assumption of a free house and doing something sexual or whether I'm in a minority.

Thanks in advanced :smile:

Most couples are at it like rabbits no matter the age (younger mostly) so no, you're not being irrational as you're spending 75% of the time doing non sexual things which most girls like, but saying if we have a free house lets ****, then why won't she want to? If you're not having sex daily, then for me it won't work. But even a few times a week for you and her is not asking for much.

I'd talk to her, show her this thread if need be maybe she'll see it differently. Having sex with a partner should be seen by both as intimacy between two loving couple and not " oh God he wants sex again, that's all he's ever wanting" crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
what?

In hindsight, nonsense was the wrong word. Inaccurate is better.

A women doesn't peak in her late 20s. Its the opposite. Early 20s

With this idiotic logic explain who lads get off with on the Friday/Saturday nights out clubbing? Surely it can't be 18/19/20/21 ywar old girls as you've said they're not eager....some people. :rolleyes:

He's wanting sex, all healthy relationships are sexual, she seems frigid and OP is one loyal and patient guy to let her dismiss it, no wonder guys cheat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
With this idiotic logic explain who lads get off with on the Friday/Saturday nights out clubbing? Surely it can't be 18/19/20/21 ywar old girls as you've said they're not eager....some people. :rolleyes:

He's wanting sex, all healthy relationships are sexual, she seems frigid and OP is one loyal and patient guy to let her dismiss it, no wonder guys cheat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the irony of you calling me idiotic when you sound as dumb as dog ****

tell me where i said she wouldn't be sexually inclined at all, i said she would be AS EAGER as him in the same way that a guy isn't as eager when he gets older as he was in his younger days. understand it now sweetums? probably not...
Original post by SMEGGGY
Most couples are at it like rabbits no matter the age (younger mostly) so no, you're not being irrational as you're spending 75% of the time doing non sexual things which most girls like, but saying if we have a free house lets ****, then why won't she want to? If you're not having sex daily, then for me it won't work. But even a few times a week for you and her is not asking for much.

I'd talk to her, show her this thread if need be maybe she'll see it differently. Having sex with a partner should be seen by both as intimacy between two loving couple and not " oh God he wants sex again, that's all he's ever wanting" crap

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is an interesting outlook on relationships my friend.
If you think that you are going to get sex daily from a partner you must be young, or from a lower class back ground.

(Opps realised that may sound insulting) What I mean to say is that sex everyday is an unrealistic interpretation of a relationship. When you both have busy work lives, then sometimes all you need for intimacy is a meal together, or perhaps a night in with a bottle of fine Italian fine
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Freddyt58
That is an interesting outlook on relationships my friend.
If you think that you are going to get sex daily from a partner you must be young, or from a lower class back ground.

(Opps realised that may sound insulting) What I mean to say is that sex everyday is an unrealistic interpretation of a relationship. When you both have busy work lives, then sometimes all you need for intimacy is a meal together, or perhaps a night in with a bottle of fine Italian fine

I would never expect sex daily D: I try not to expect it end of (as my girlfriend doesn't like the thought process of it being planned). I guess I get my hopes up for when we have dates and stuff and if we go to the theatre or something but even then, she doesn't like me to think it'll happen (and a lot of the time; it doesn't).
However I must admit, the more I think about it, the more I think it is also an important factor of any relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending