The Student Room Group

A level with GCSE grade D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akaliya
If you got English Language D,Can you still can do A-levels??But I don't want to do BTEC
Grade B maths
I got 6A*-C

A lot of 6th forms (my old one included) require you to have 5 A*-C grades. So you should be fine. Id check your individual 6th form/colleges requirements though.
I dont think they would let you do A-level english language though, as they usually require a C or above in the particular subjects you want to do at A-level (unless its a subject that isnt usually offered at GCSE- for example classical civilisation).
Like someone else said, id definitely resit it though.
Reply 21
Original post by Emma:-)
A lot of 6th forms (my old one included) require you to have 5 A*-C grades. So you should be fine. Id check your individual 6th form/colleges requirements though.
I dont think they would let you do A-level english language though, as they usually require a C or above in the particular subjects you want to do at A-level (unless its a subject that isnt usually offered at GCSE- for example classical civilisation).
Like someone else said, id definitely resit it though.

But my English paper went to remark.
Remarks can take weeks to come back (sometimes up to 30 days). You need to find a Sixth form or college who will take you now and agree to you resitting your English (probably in November). If the re-mark comes back with good news they will just withdraw you from the course and exam. Most schools and colleges start back next week so you really can't wait for that one remark to come back.
Original post by Akaliya
If you got English Language D,Can you still can do A-levels??But I don't want to do BTEC
Grade B maths
I got 6A*-C

I got a D in maths and I've still been accepted into sixth form to do 4 A levels. I just have to resit my maths paper if my remark doesn't come back as a C. It's best to speak to your school like I did as the A levels I planned on doing pre results are not the same post results. You just have to be realistic about how well you can succeed in that certain subject. Good luck :smile:
I got a D and they said NO I can't do it at A-Level.
Reply 25
Original post by beth_louise99
I got a D in maths and I've still been accepted into sixth form to do 4 A levels. I just have to resit my maths paper if my remark doesn't come back as a C. It's best to speak to your school like I did as the A levels I planned on doing pre results are not the same post results. You just have to be realistic about how well you can succeed in that certain subject. Good luck :smile:

What subjects are you doing in A -level??and which sixth form you going to??
Reply 26
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I got a D and they said NO I can't do it at A-Level.

I got D but I don't want to do A-Level English,I am asking like can I do A-Level within my other subjects??
Reply 27
Original post by Clemm101
Remarks can take weeks to come back (sometimes up to 30 days). You need to find a Sixth form or college who will take you now and agree to you resitting your English (probably in November). If the re-mark comes back with good news they will just withdraw you from the course and exam. Most schools and colleges start back next week so you really can't wait for that one remark to come back.

My teacher told me, the remark will only take 10 days.Also, I am looking for sixth form,can't find anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hopefully it will be good news and the re-mark will be back quickly. Your teacher has no way of knowing that it will take ten days though and really shouldn't be saying it. I have had numerous re-marks take more than three weeks to come back (I'm an exams officer). Good luck with finding somewhere. :smile:
Original post by Akaliya
What subjects are you doing in A -level??and which sixth form you going to??

I'm going to a sixth form in Cornwall,UK and I'm studying English Literature, History, Psychology and Sociology ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by beth_louise99
I'm going to a sixth form in Cornwall,UK and I'm studying English Literature, History, Psychology and Sociology ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok Good luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest