The Student Room Group

2017 Pharmacy (Are my predicted grades eligible?)

Hi Guys,
I am currently in a dilemma, after receiving my AS results for Physics,Chemistry,Biology I am unsure as wether I will get any offers(for Pharmacy) , with my predicted grades of B,B,C.
Can anyone offer any advice or answer the question "Will I get any offers with these predicted grades?"

(I would appreciate it greatly for any advice from anyone!)
Thank You!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Appa12
Hi Guys,
I am currently in a dilemma, after receiving my AS results for Physics,Chemistry,Biology I am unsure as wether I will get any offers(for Pharmacy) , with my predicted grades of B,B,C.
Can anyone offer any advice or answer the question "Will I get any offers with these predicted grades?"

(I would appreciate it greatly for any advice from anyone!)
Thank You!!!

Definitely. Many Pharmacy schools are still in clearing because they can't fill spaces.

Someone on here got into Brighton with CCD, DMU wanted CCD, Aston wanted BBC, LJMU and Reading brought their requirements down to BCC. You'll definitely get a place in at least one university with BBC, but you might struggle to get a place in the likes of Bath, UCL, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by m_james
Definitely. Many Pharmacy schools are still in clearing because they can't fill spaces.

Someone on here got into Brighton with CCD, DMU wanted CCD, Aston wanted BBC, LJMU and Reading brought their requirements down to BCC. You'll definitely get a place in at least one university with BBC, but you might struggle to get a place in the likes of Bath, UCL, etc.

Thank You So Much!!! Really turned me into a positive mood!
Reply 3
Original post by m_james

Hiya, most pharmacy courses i looked at wanted a B in english lang whereas i only got a C, but for my As results i got BBC for bio chem and maths. Will i still be able to apply to those unis or not??
Reply 4
Original post by neza99
Hiya, most pharmacy courses i looked at wanted a B in english lang whereas i only got a C, but for my As results i got BBC for bio chem and maths. Will i still be able to apply to those unis or not??

Regardless of A Level results, you still need to satisfy the GCSE requirements set by each university.

You could try talking to the universities that you're interested in, but I think they will suggest that you retake your English GCSE to get a B grade or higher.
Reply 5
Hi what have people included in their pharmacy/pharmacology personal statements?

Help is really appreciated!
Reply 6
Original post by kennnt
Hi what have people included in their pharmacy/pharmacology personal statements?

Help is really appreciated!

Hey, I included my work shadow at a hospital pharmacy and some of the key bits I learnt in chemistry that could be applied to my studies in pharmacy and as a pharmacist.
I was advised by my careers department in my school that I had a look at the modules in any university I'm applying to and using it as a reference to what I look forward to studying within pharmacy. Which I did

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi,
I am applying to pharmacy this year with ABB predicted but CCCCD at AS level. I want to apply to Newcastle, Birmingham, Bath, Cardiff and Liverpool John Moores. I don't know if I will get an offer for the AAB universities, do they offer to people with ABB or not? And do people get in with AAB? Thanks.
Hi,
I'm planning to apply to Pharmacy this year and I was just wondering whether the unis look at your AS grades or predicted A2 level grades to give out the offer?

Thank you so much!
I got an offer from a BBB course with ACCC, so there is some flexibility. Studying the more relevant subjects to Pharmacy at A-level (i.e. Chemistry, Biology, and Maths) and having a good personal statement meant that it didn't 100% matter I didn't *quite* have the grades. I mean, your results are important, but admissions teams aren't entirely rigid in this regard - it does benefit them to be flexible as Pharmacy isn't exactly an in-demand degree.

My advice would be to definitely apply to some schools which ask for BBC/BBB (or lower), however, you should also apply to a couple with higher requirements (e.g. ABB). Make sure at least one of your applications is a slam-dunk to get in, so at least you're keeping options open, but also be ambitious; even if there is just one 'higher-requirement' school you have your heart set on, it never hurts to throw out an application, especially if that space would otherwise go to a school you're not interested in. You don't ask, you don't get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending