The Student Room Group

My year 13 journey to A*AA

This will be a thread were will keep a log of my work to A*AA. I will give myself no option but to get these grades as i feel as though I am capable of it despite poor GCSES. I'm going to aim to do an extra hour for each subject every night on top of the homework.

GCSES: 6A'S 5B's C [ Further maths lol]
AS: AABC
A2: Economics (AQA), history (AQA) and politics (AQA).

I have done nothing over summer thus far but from tomorrow the hard work really starts.

I've asked for my Raw marks in economics and history.

Economics:
Unit 1: 66
Unit 2: 60

History:
Option A: 33
Option B: 34

Government and politics:
Unit 1: 84
Unit 2: 88

I'll be applying for the flying start programme at Nottingham.

A&F at UEA, York, Surrey and Reading.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by citibankrec
This will be a thread were will keep a log of my work to A*AA. I will give myself no option but to get these grades as i feel as though I am capable of it despite poor GCSES.

A2: Economics, history and politics.

I have done nothing over summer thus far but from tomorrow the hard work really starts.

Government and politics:

I'll be for the flying start programme at Nottingham.

Good luck :h: maybe dropping one of those subjects and self studying might be an optimistic shout but.. might get you into somewhere like Bath?
Day 1

-did some driving theory, Okay it wont help me in my A-Levels but hey
-Drafted some ideas for my PS
-10 pages of economic notes
-Some history coursework
(edited 7 years ago)
Day 1

-did some driving theory, Okay it wont help me in my A-Levels but hey
-Drafted some ideas for my PS
-10 pages of economic notes
-Some history coursework

That's impressive for day 1! Good luck with your goals and year 13 in general :smile:
Original post by Lularose83
That's impressive for day 1! Good luck with your goals and year 13 in general :smile:

Thank-you :smile:
Reply 5
This will be a thread were will keep a log of my work to A*AA. I will give myself no option but to get these grades as i feel as though I am capable of it despite poor GCSES.

Government and politics:

I'll be for the flying start programme at Nottingham.

Wow, dude your smart. I hope you get what you need good luck, trying to have the same goal as you actually but with different subjects: Maths, Psychology and English Lit.
lol it's okay, GCSE's mean ****, you did pretty sick in AS with AABC, assuming you drop the subject you got a C in and you work really hard you can get A*AA
Original post by ArX.Ba_H
Wow, dude your smart. I hope you get what you need good luck, trying to have the same goal as you actually but with different subjects: Maths, Psychology and English Lit.

Cheers dude, You too.

Original post by Michaelj99
lol it's okay, GCSE's mean ****, you did pretty sick in AS with AABC, assuming you drop the subject you got a C in and you work really hard you can get A*AA

Yep, The C is gone brah.

I'm gunna pull crazy hours to make sure i'm not disappointed come Aug.
Yep, The C is gone brah.

I'm gunna pull crazy hours to make sure i'm not disappointed come Aug.

well don't start pulling crazy hours yet, wait till you get to January at least cos that's when I started dying
Reply 10
you're so inspirational this made me want to work hard ahaha:biggrin: what do you want to study in uni or be when you graduate?
Original post by safaa7
you're so inspirational this made me want to work hard ahaha:biggrin: what do you want to study in uni or be when you graduate?

A&F.

Get the work in brah
I don't really like working in the morning so i'll start some work after lunch
This will be a thread were will keep a log of my work to A*AA. I will give myself no option but to get these grades as i feel as though I am capable of it despite poor GCSES. I'm going to aim to do an extra hour for each subject every night on top of the homework.

Economics:
Unit 1: TBC
Unit 2: TBC

History:
Option A: TBC
Option B: TBC

Government and politics:

I'll be applying for the flying start programme at Nottingham.

Good luck!
Yo, we're doing the exact same at A2!! Good luck with everything next year, congrats on the AS results, and I sincerely hope you get the grades you want - we're aiming for pretty much the same:biggrin:
Original post by bethipayne
Yo, we're doing the exact same at A2!! Good luck with everything next year, congrats on the AS results, and I sincerely hope you get the grades you want - we're aiming for pretty much the same:biggrin:

Awesome, How did your AS go?
Awesome, How did your AS go?

Much better than I was expecting to get - managed AAAA (the fourth subject I took was English Lit, dropping it this year for EPQ):smile:
Original post by bethipayne
Much better than I was expecting to get - managed AAAA (the fourth subject I took was English Lit, dropping it this year for EPQ):smile:

Nice, Good Luck :smile: :P
Day 2

I didn't get done today what i wanted too. Im actually kind of looking forward to going back to school tbh. I felt a bit ill but nevertheless i managed;
-Another 10 pages of economics notes
-More PS

I'm thinking that i should do an hour of each subject everyday on top of homework- Is this too much/ Even achievable?
Reply 19
I'm planning on doing 1 hour of work on top of homework each day also. I think it is possible if you're organised, and stay motivated for the whole year.
Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest