The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ckfeister
Ignore that sin crap, its a load of crap.
Get out of that religion and be free,

I completely disagree. It is a sin and I will cleanse myself of these desires through faith. Allah is testing me.
Original post by markova21
Just Googled it. He's called Asifa Lahore. Looks really pretty as a female.

Yeah he does.

Spoiler

Original post by YoFadda
I completely disagree. It is a sin and I will cleanse myself of these desires through faith. Allah is testing me.

I'd be dancing in hell than, your going to end up realizing when its too late.
Reply 43
Original post by ckfeister
I'd be dancing in hell than, your going to end up realizing when its too late.

There is nothing for me to realise.
Original post by Electrospective
Why are you muslim? :holmes:
Good question from YOU! :toofunny:
OP I won't judge you, if you like fudge then so be it, but ignore anyone telling you what to do, you're your own man with your own life.
I don't think a lot of people have your urges and although I will never understand them, I am sure with the willpower you posses based on your posts you will get through them, insullah or whatever it, hail allah will do
Original post by YoFadda
I feel that I can change and become a normal person with normal urges and desires. I am unfortunately still having these homosexual desires but I feel that progress is being made. I am slowly gaining more normal urges and gaining fight in Allah

Hmmm, if you think so.
Original post by hamza772000
Good question from YOU! :toofunny:

But it's a serious question. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 48
Original post by IronicalMan
OP I won't judge you, if you like fudge then so be it, but ignore anyone telling you what to do, you're your own man with your own life.
I don't think a lot of people have your urges and although I will never understand them, I am sure with the willpower you posses based on your posts you will get through them, insullah or whatever it, hail allah will do

Jazak Allah for your kind words
I will change and I will remove these desires. I am already changing. The desires aren't as strong as they once were. I can feel Allah changing me for the better. One day I will be a normal person with normal urges inshallah
Original post by Electrospective
But it's a serious question. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Oh, ok, I'm sorry :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by YoFadda
No, I know that it can be changed. I will change and cleanse myself of these urges one day.

No homosexual will enter Paradise. I will change and remove these desires through faith and the methods available.

I feel bad for you but good luck I guess
Reply 51
Original post by Kryptonian
I feel bad for you but good luck I guess

Thank you.
Original post by YoFadda
No, I know that it can be changed. I will change and cleanse myself of these urges one day.

No homosexual will enter Paradise. I will change and remove these desires through faith and the methods available.

Can I just make one important observation:

Allah doesn't actually exist; the Quran is one of thousands of religious texts produced throughout the course of human existance, each one written by men and contradicting others on every topic. And most of them, conveniently, making up reasons why their own god(s) never actually show themselves to humanity at large. You haven't read 99.9% of these other texts, and yet for no reason other than accident of birth (ie, having Muslim parents) you're choosing to believe 100% in Islam and its values, even when you're experiencing first hand why those values are so bad for living a happy life and creating a healthy society.

To a neutral observer this doesn't seem like the best path to take.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Lavaridge
Okay, just obvious warning before you commit to a life of trying to conform to Quranic morals:

Allah doesn't actually exist; the Quran is one of thousands of religious texts produced throughout the course of human existance, each one written by men and contradicting others on every topic. And most of them, conveniently, making up reasons why their own god(s) never actually show themselves to humanity at large. You haven't read 99.9% of these other texts, and yet for no reason other than accident of birth (ie, having Muslim parents) you're choosing to believe 100% in Islam and its values, even when you're experiencing first hand why those values are so bad for living a happy life and creating a healthy society.

I just wanted to express how this looks to a neutral observer.

That's what you think but I reject everything you said. I know that homosexuality is wrong and that I can change. I know it and have 100% in faith in God's abilities and in my religion. Allah is testing me through words like yours and through these desires to see if I'll turn to a life of sin. I will remain committed to cleansing myself of these desires and one day I will no longer have any of these awful urges inshallah
(edited 7 years ago)
You were me six years ago. I prayed all my Salah for years and did dua'a sincerely. Those feelings will always still be there. I got over religion and now I'm happy. I'm at peace with the fact that I like guys and don't feel bad about it. I hope you get to the point where you can accept yourself. I hope you see how morally corrupt it is to marry a woman who you aren't physically or emotionally attracted too. I hope you realise how hard it'll be lying in a marriage with kids. No merciful God would make you gay and subject you to a life without a desired mate. That is cruel. Think about what you're being taught and told at the masjid. You have a brain, use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by Akamega
You were me six years ago. I prayed all my Salah for years and did dua'a sincerely. Those feelings will always still be there. I got over religion and now I'm happy. I'm at peace with the fact that I like guys and don't feel bad about it. I hope you get to the point where you can accept yourself. I hope you see how morally corrupt it is to marry a woman who you aren't physically or emotionally attracted too. I hope you realise how hard it'll be lying in a marriage with kids. No merciful God would make you gay and subject you to a life without a desired mate. That is cruel. Think about what you're being taught and told at the masjid. You have a brain, use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree. I will cleanse myself of these desires.
Original post by YoFadda
That's what you think but I reject everything you said. I know that homosexuality is wrong and that I can change. I know it and have 100% in faith in God's abilities and in my religion. Allah is testing me through words like yours and through these desires to see if I'll turn to a life of sin. I will remain committed to cleansing myself of these desires and one day I will no longer have any of these awful urges inshallah

But OP don't you realise? If from birth, or as young as you were able to understand ,your parents had drummed into you every day that the sun that you saw in the sky wasn't really round and orange but in fact was square and green. Square and green. Repeat after me ten times every day the sun is square and green. Then you are going to grow up absolutely convinced that the sun was square and green. Just like your parents did. And theirs. And theirs. And theirs. Think for yourself. Open your eyes. You're not a wicked person. You haven't murdered anyone. Or stolen anything. Or committed adultery. You're just a normal human being with feelings and emotions. There's nothing wrong with you. And if people, ANY people tell you otherwise, they are the ones there is something wrong with. I hope you might be able to get your head around that and liberate yourself one day and find a bit of happiness in your life, I really do.
Original post by YoFadda

Well, in any case I wish you luck with rewiring your brain into something you're more happy with, but the evidence from Christian attempts to do similar things isn't very encouraging.

I obviously can't convince you of much in a TSR debate, but I invite you to keep an open mind and read some atheist arguments and those of other religions. Even if you're sure they won't convince you, you will learn more about both Islam and other philosophies from challenging yourself with new ideas.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
Awhhhh I'm happy for you that you have come to terms with who you are but I'm sad that you're going to face so much harrassment, more so than non-Muslim homosexuals, if you ever decide to come out.

I'm Muslim, know that there are people out there who are willing to help you and love you and accept you for who you are and there are also many people like you, there is this youtuber whose experience may help you
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FtjwLu13P0g

And there's many more

Theres also Imaan organisation for LGBTQI Muslims in the UK
And they have a forum and some events etc you can talk to people like you
http://imaan.org.uk

Good luck with everything in life OP <3 :smile:
Original post by YoFadda

Why do you think it's evil?

What if a person has urges that they can't change but is a very good person otherwise, do they still deserve hell?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest