The Student Room Group

RESIT MATHS;November paper

Hi, I sat my GCSE exams last year 2015, and I manged to pass maths but I am now wanting to resit maths again to get a higher grade by hopefully sitting the November paper.
I was wondering if anyone knows the topics that will be in this paper as I am unsure as to if whether or not the spec changed or if the topics in paper 1 and 2 is different.
p.s my exam board last year was edexcel Hier tier
Original post by Jokonkwo
Hi, I sat my GCSE exams last year 2015, and I manged to pass maths but I am now wanting to resit maths again to get a higher grade by hopefully sitting the November paper.
I was wondering if anyone knows the topics that will be in this paper as I am unsure as to if whether or not the spec changed or if the topics in paper 1 and 2 is different.

The spec will not change in November, however if you retake after November, it will be different.
Reply 2
Original post by danielwinstanley
The spec will not change in November, however if you retake after November, it will be different.

Ah okay and is it true that they will include topics from C1 (AS maths)
Ah okay and is it true that they will include topics from C1 (AS maths)

From June 2017, some extra harder things will be added.
Reply 4
Original post by danielwinstanley
From June 2017, some extra harder things will be added.

Oh i see, do you happen to have a link where it'll provide me with the list of topics for paper 1 and 2

You can retake in November 2016 or in summer 2017 and the specification will be unchanged from the exams you took in 2015.
If you wait until the summer be very careful to specify that you want to take the old specification and not the new one as BOTH are available. I don't know how many centres will offer it in the summer so aim for November if you can.
Any revision website e.g. mathsgenie will have all of the topics you need to revise. Almost any topic can be on either paper, only a few topics absolutely require a calculator if the numbers are easy enough to work with.
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/oldgcse.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
You can retake in November 2016 or in summer 2017 and the specification will be unchanged from the exams you took in 2015.
If you wait until the summer be very careful to specify that you want to take the old specification and not the new one as BOTH are available. I don't know how many centres will offer it in the summer so aim for November if you can.
Any revision website e.g. mathsgenie will have all of the topics you need to revise. Almost any topic can be on either paper, only a few topics absolutely require a calculator if the numbers are easy enough to work with.
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/oldgcse.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much !!
Reply 7

I don't think you are able to sit the November 2016 exam without having sat the June 2016 exam.
Original post by ad4m
I don't think you are able to sit the November 2016 exam without having sat the June 2016 exam.

Yes you can.
Edexcel make the rules for resits clear here
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Reforms/resit-availability-and-frequently-asked-questions.pdf
AQA and OCR follow the same Ofqual rules for exams in England.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest