The Student Room Group

Do you like your name?

Scroll to see replies

I don't like it. I'm called Samantha, but I make everyone- lecturers, friends, family, colleagues, whatever- call me Sam. Everyone even says I'm a Sam and not a Samantha, and they say it's weird when they see me write the whole name on something (or hear a doctor call it, for example). Not too keen on my middle name, either. I like my surname as it's a fairly rare and unsual one.
I like my name (Alex), but I don't like the fact that I'm officially called Alexander, as it sounds way too formal and it takes a relatively long time to write on school work, exams and anything remotely official.
I changed mine by deed poll
I was Jamie but so many people assumed I was female before they meet me so I changed it to James (it also make my business cards sound more professional and formal)
so hated the old
love the new
(edited 7 years ago)
Nope. Hate it.
(edited 7 years ago)
I ve always loved my forename and middle names:smile: I changed my surname 4 years ago and although I like it, I ll be glad to take my fiancés surname next year as going back to an easily spelt surname will make life much easier (and I ll get to have the same name as a pride and predujice and heroes character which I think is cool:tongue:)
I quite like my name, but it irritates me when people can't pronounce it, even though it's said phonetically.
Damian Lewis, I get told to "go back to Homeland" every now and then, or associated with the anti-christ, but I like my name :smile:
Yes I like my name a lot because it has a very cool meaning and also loads of origins around the world :3
I like mine, I like how it's unusual, but it's almost always mispronounced by teachers. I dislike my middle name and surname though.
Yes, i do like it.
I don't like mine that much
I hate my name, its so ugly. :frown:
I feel so embarrassed when someone asks me my name and I have to say it.
I feel like it pushes people away. :frown:
like my name extremely unique can always get my username on stuff apart from TSR lol
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I hate my name, its so ugly. :frown:
I feel so embarrassed when someone asks me my name and I have to say it.
I feel like it pushes people away. :frown:

whats your name I'm curious ?
Original post by samaad1
whats your name I'm curious ?

I'll pm but please don't laugh. *facepalm* :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Damian Lewis, I get told to "go back to Homeland" every now and then, or associated with the anti-christ, but I like my name :smile:

That's a bit of a lame insult :colone: but admittedly it did make me laugh!

(On a side note, Damian Lewis is an awesome actor :wink:)
It's alright tbh, I like it because it's different. But so many people seem to struggle pronouncing "Jordana" though :frown:
My name is Rachel and growing up I hated it however in the last few years I have come to like it more

I am also relieved as it was my Mums choice, my Dad wanted to call me Morag (sorry to anyone who is called that but I don't like it!)
Original post by randdom
My name is Rachel and growing up I hated it however in the last few years I have come to like it more

I am also relieved as it was my Mums choice, my Dad wanted to call me Morag (sorry to anyone who is called that but I don't like it!)

Morag?! :eek3: What a bizarre name. :lol: My mum wanted to call me Blue… :nothing:

(will reply to your PM in a little while… sorry, lost track of time)
I love my name (Shauna), but I find it funny how some of my teachers call me Shona. I didn't realise my name was difficult to say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest