The Student Room Group

When to start A2 Math revision

My class and I have only covered a few chapters in C3 and M1 before the summer started and will resume when we will get back. I was wondering should I go ahead to cover any topics to be fully prepared or should I stay at the pace of the class, and fully cover everything that we learnt in that chapter? (Btw, we only have 2 people in the class, including me) Also, for those who achieved A/A* in A2, when did you guys start this sort of practise?
Original post by Ze Witcher
My class and I have only covered a few chapters in C3 and M1 before the summer started and will resume when we will get back. I was wondering should I go ahead to cover any topics to be fully prepared or should I stay at the pace of the class, and fully cover everything that we learnt in that chapter? (Btw, we only have 2 people in the class, including me) Also, for those who achieved A/A* in A2, when did you guys start this sort of practise?

I started it from the start of the year.

started revising for mocks at Christmas, revised for my end of year exams like a week before easter holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by RDKGames
I started it from the start of the year.

Did you additional questions to what you did in class, or did you go ahead and revise the harder topics first?
Did you additional questions to what you did in class, or did you go ahead and revise the harder topics first?

I looked at other exam boards when I ran out of questions to practice on mine.
Revise early and get ahead, if you haven't already, look at exam solutions on youtube, they're so useful
Reply 6
Original post by laurab21
Revise early and get ahead, if you haven't already, look at exam solutions on youtube, they're so useful

Do you reckon revising from the start of the school year is early enough?
Reply 7
I looked at other exam boards when I ran out of questions to practice on mine.

What were the hardest topics in C3/C4 in your opinion?
Do you reckon revising from the start of the school year is early enough?

Yes definitely, as long as you're putting in enough time you can definitely achieve A/A*
Reply 9
Original post by laurab21
Yes definitely, as long as you're putting in enough time you can definitely achieve A/A*

Thanks :smile: Did you change anything from AS, in terms of revision and stuff? Or is it just get on the revision as usual?
What were the hardest topics in C3/C4 in your opinion?

In my opinion? None of them.
In my opinion? None of them.

That's not an answer that even makes sense. It doesn't make you sound smart if that's what you're going for.

don't try to rush ahead of the class. They'll get through everything and it's much better to stay with the class and make sure you throroughly understand what's being taught as it's being taught. There are some concepts that just makes sense when you cover them in class that would otherwise have no context. This makes it much easier.
Start revision in the easter holidays. Anything before that and you'll forget it by the time the exams come. Remember that A2s are later than AS exams
Reply 12
tips: revise trig and integration early on, its a long and tedious thing to get the hang of and theres so much!
keep doing exam questions :biggrin:gl!
Original post by Thatduck
That's not an answer that even makes sense. It doesn't make you sound smart if that's what you're going for.

Oh dear, I guess I will have to explain it.

It DOES make sense because it implies I did not find any topics more difficult than the rest. They were all of equal difficulty in my own opinion. What do I care if something makes me sound smart or not? I got my A*. I don't need to sound smart.
Oh dear, I guess I will have to explain it.

It DOES make sense because it implies I did not find any topics more difficult than the rest. They were all of equal difficulty in my own opinion. What do I care if something makes me sound smart or not? I got my A*. I don't need to sound smart.

Well that's clearly bull*** because you need to learn literally nothing for some of the chapters (binomial expansion).
There's no point in writing a comment like that because it's not going to help the person who was asking the question. You clearly do feel the need to sound smart or you wouldn't have just dropped your A level grade in there! grow up.
Original post by Thatduck
Well that's clearly bull*** because you need to learn literally nothing for some of the chapters (binomial expansion).
There's no point in writing a comment like that because it's not going to help the person who was asking the question. You clearly do feel the need to sound smart or you wouldn't have just dropped your A level grade in there! grow up.

Learn nothing on some chapters? Well that's your opinion. He asked for my opinion. I gave my opinion. Grow up, accept it if you don't like it, and move on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello Alevel Math/Furthermath friends on TSR,
I work really hard every single day. I really don't have any social life apart some studying. However, my grades for furthermath and all my subjects are not that good. My moral is has gone so down! I just feel like punching the wall and roaring out my tears away. I really don't know what I am doing wrong.

My MAIN revision is basically doing all the exercises questions and examples in the edxcel book in detail.
I really cant find time doing the past paper, as doing all the exercise takes long.

May anyone please help! I desperately need help!

Quick Reply

Latest