The Student Room Group

Access course

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Craig Beardsley
WOW!
CONGRATS!

What course did you study and what university are you attending?

I did access to healthcare and I'm going on to do mental health nursing in Swansea :smile:

Exciting times!
Original post by Kittydo
I did access to healthcare and I'm going on to do mental health nursing in Swansea :smile:

Exciting times!

Brilliant!

I am hoping to go on to social work!

Can you remember your very fiest assignment?

What was it like?
Original post by Kittydo

Exciting times!

Brilliant!

What was it like?
Reply 23
Hi I would like to study Access to HE Science but I'm a student from EU so I wanted to have some opinions on how difficult you think it would be for someone whose English is not their first language. Thank you!
Reply 24
Brilliant!

What was it like?

Hell, I didn't know what to expect or what to aim for. I had an extension for a few days because I was so panicked about it. But it turned out I had over shot the mark by loads, poured my heart and soul into it and went into way too much detail.

Hopefully you will get lecturers like mine who showed us past assignment that were up to top marks. And they didn't pile them on us until we had a grasp on the grading. Once the first one was handed in I knew what I was doing and it was only up from there!

Shoot for the distinction every assignment is my only advice. That way if you don't hit it your well within merits. Lots of people aimed for merits and fell into passes.

Don't make my mistake, take it slow on the first and don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Original post by Kittydo
Hell, I didn't know what to expect or what to aim for. I had an extension for a few days because I was so panicked about it. But it turned out I had over shot the mark by loads, poured my heart and soul into it and went into way too much detail.

Hopefully you will get lecturers like mine who showed us past assignment that were up to top marks. And they didn't pile them on us until we had a grasp on the grading. Once the first one was handed in I knew what I was doing and it was only up from there!

Shoot for the distinction every assignment is my only advice. That way if you don't hit it your well within merits. Lots of people aimed for merits and fell into passes.

Don't make my mistake, take it slow on the first and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Nice!

I havent even done an assignment before so its all going to be new to me thats why I am so nervous.
Reply 26
Nice!

I havent even done an assigynment before so its all going to be new to me thats why I am so nervous.

I hadn't either. Only GCSE coursework (that was thrown together at last moment). Honestly you'll be fine, and you'll meet people in the same boat. I don't think I would of been able to cope without the girls who supported me.

You will have loads of fun and your anxiety will be eased once the first on is in and returned to you.
Original post by Kittydo
I hadn't either. Only GCSE coursework (that was thrown together at last moment). Honestly you'll be fine, and you'll meet people in the same boat. I don't think I would of been able to cope without the girls who supported me.

You will have loads of fun and your anxiety will be eased once the first on is in and returned to you.

Same, i have only done english coursework. I manage to gain a A on my english course work. I am awaiting my gcse this thursday.

All boils down to my results on thursday.
Original post by annac7
Hi I would like to study Access to HE Science but I'm a student from EU so I wanted to have some opinions on how difficult you think it would be for someone whose English is not their first language. Thank you!

There was a lady in my class who was from the Philippines. Been living in the UK for a few years now. She found it a little more difficult but the support was there from both teachers and classmates and she finished with 80% average which is great.
Original post by mssmuppet
There was a lady in my class who was from the Philippines. Been living in the UK for a few years now. She found it a little more difficult but the support was there from both teachers and classmates and she finished with 80% average which is great.

Wow!

What course did you guys study?
Reply 30

Thank you for your answer!
Wow!

What course did you guys study?

Access to Science
Original post by annac7
Thank you for your answer!

No problem. Any other questions feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Same, i have only done english coursework. I manage to gain a A on my english course work. I am awaiting my gcse this thursday.

All boils down to my results on thursday.

Things are going to be awesome! You've got this. Remember to check back in on Thursday with your good news!
Access to Science

Thanks for your response!

What subjects did you learn?
Original post by Kittydo
Things are going to be awesome! You've got this. Remember to check back in on Thursday with your good news!

Thank you for your support and yes i will do
Thanks for your response!

What subjects did you learn?

If u go back a page or 2 I have wrote all the subjects etc in a reply to someone else.

Access course is great. I really do recommend it for returning to education. I hope u enjoy it
45 Distinctions!? That's incredible. What's the university you got into? And how did you get only one? You should be able to get into Oxbridge or at the least UCL with that kind of stellar grades.
I'm dreading going back to college, Haven't been in education since '95 and worried it will be step too far, Any advice for a 36yo heading into a world of teenagers?
Original post by mccmonkey
I'm dreading going back to college, Haven't been in education since '95 and worried it will be step too far, Any advice for a 36yo heading into a world of teenagers?

What are you studying??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending