The Student Room Group

How are some boys strong, muscley when they don't workout or go gym?

title

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When you are 17/18, you are at or approaching peak testerone level. I haven't gone gym for couple of good weeks, will lose strength but negligble amounts of muscle.

Edit: if you are 5'9 ginger Joe with freakles and wear glasses, then the testerone bit doesn't apply to you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Genetics and or participated in some form of physical activity since they were young
I'm white but have west African genetics. All I've ever done is press ups, pull ups and some crunches and played rugby/football but I've got abs and broad shoulders and muscles. It's genetics.
Reply 4
I find they tend to just do more active things in there spare time, I have an ok upper body and my friend asked me what workouts i do to get my arms the size they are. I had no clue what he was talking about as I dont workout or got to the gym, but I do like sea kayaking and I guess i do have a pull up bar i use when bored.

I dont really thing of it as a workout tho, i just do 10 or 20 pullups while I think of something to do.
Original post by richpanda
I'm white but have west African genetics. All I've ever done is press ups, pull ups and some crunches and played rugby/football but I've got abs and broad shoulders and muscles. It's genetics.

Wait....You are White, but have African genetics?

I am baffled.
I'm white but have west African genetics.

lmfao
Reply 7
Original post by What U sayin

I am baffled.

mad what a pussy
I started doing push ups every day from when I was in year 5. When I got to year 7 I was also doing pull ups, played for the school teams for various sports and I also played football outside of school probably 5 times a week on top of all the push ups and pull ups. This easily made me the strongest in the year from year 7 - 9 but then puberty kicks in and those with high testosterone start catching up so I suppose push ups and pull ups and cardio are enough to keep you relatively muscular until year 10 but from then you probably need to start going to the gym to keep up with the others.
You mean fat?
Original post by OGFakiie
mad what a pussy

Original post by StrangeBanana
lmfao

I am baffled.

Yes you pussies. I am white but have west african muscle building genetics.
I'm fairly broad shouldered, with ridiculous strength in my neck and back. I genuinely think it's purely because when I was a kid I didn't sort out my backpack properly, so I always had all my stuff and my PE Kit, often on top of my ingredients for cooking class. All those folders and textbooks that I carried around all day every day had an effect. I never go the gym, but I look fit right until the moment I remove the my T-shirt. Then I look like someone with my sedentary lifestyle should look.
Genetics obviously

the most important factor when it comes to your build
Yes you pussies. I am white but have west african muscle building genetics.

Elaborate.

You are white, or you just associate yourself with the white European population because you are in Europe.

Like I am generally baffled here
Elaborate.

You are white, or you just associate yourself with the white European population because you are in Europe.

Like I am generally baffled here

I am white

my hairdresser once asked if I'm part black, the only thing going through my mind was ''only in my pants''
Original post by OGFakiie
mad what a pussy

he quite obviously means that despite being White, he is naturally muscular and has masculine proportions, jeez people on TSR are awkward sometimes
Original post by Concav
When you are 17/18, you are at or approaching peak testerone level. I haven't gone gym for couple of good weeks, will lose strength but negligble amounts of muscle.

Edit: if you are 5'9 ginger Joe with freakles and wear glasses, then the testerone bit doesn't apply to you.

Lol 5'9" is like the average British height.
Reply 18
They have hobbies and activities they do or just work out at home. If someone plays football once or twice a week they will build muscles mostly in their legs and also build up their stamina. If someone has a part time job requiring physical activity, they build muscles as they work.
Reply 19
Original post by Trapz99
Lol 5'9" is like the average British height.

Well i'm not british, may explain the reason i'm not a ginger xbox gamer

Quick Reply

Latest