The Student Room Group

How long do GCSE remarks take to come back?

I applied for a remark in GCSE Edexcel English Language yesterday, how long should I have to wait to find out the results?
Reply 1
Original post by DavMax15
I applied for a remark in GCSE Edexcel English Language yesterday, how long should I have to wait to find out the results?

You'll get it early September.
Reply 2
Edexcel turn re-marks round very quickly - generally in 1-7 days. The issue is more likely to be that the exam officer is not in school to pick up the result and let you know until term starts.
mine took 5 days and that was over a bank holiday so very quick .
Reply 4
Original post by lindylou11
mine took 5 days and that was over a bank holiday so very quick .

But was that a priority remark?
Reply 5
Original post by 123moon

Edexcel often process standard re-marks in 1-2 days.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Edexcel often process standard re-marks in 1-2 days.

Okay thanks it's just that i sent an Edexcel standard remark in on results day and I'm still waiting! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by 123moon
Okay thanks it's just that i sent an Edexcel standard remark in on results day and I'm still waiting! :smile:

In that case it will probably be in school but your Exams officer may not be in until the start of term to pick it up.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
In that case it will probably be in school but your Exams officer may not be in until the start of term to pick it up.

Oh okay I hope so! Thanks
Original post by 123moon

No you can only do priority remarks for A level
Hi
I just wanted to know how many UMS marks I was off from full marks in second GCSE RS exam I sat
I got 93 UMS marks out of 100
I did edexcel RS and the unit was Christianity and Islam ( or Christianity and the study of at least one other subject)
How can I convert this to the raw mark I got
Any help with this would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Reply 11

No, even at GCSE level there is an option for priority remarking it's just that i never chose it.

Edexcel has introduced priority re-marks at GCSE for the first time this year.
I was told this was not the case , but the remark was back in a few days anyway
I sent mine in for a remark on September and its October 30th and it still hasn't come back?
Original post by mollydurston
I sent mine in for a remark on September and its October 30th and it still hasn't come back?

Speak to your exams office. It may have come back unchanged and they just have not told you. If it has not come back they can investigate why.

Quick Reply

Latest