The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I do not think homosexuality is a sin in Islam though many would disagree

Have a read of this article
http://www.homosexuels-musulmans.org/homosexuality-is-not-a-sin-perversion-according-to-islam.html

You may still believe its a sin and you may still refrain from sexual acts but I'm just saying read it if for no other reason than to comfort you while you deal with this.
Why do you believe in Allah considering there is no evidence he exists? Do you think believing in things without evidence is a good idea? Why Allah and not zeus or thor or aman ra, why that god in particular? Considering that religion is much more of a choice than sexuality is why dont you just ditch the religion instead?
Reply 62
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

A lot of gay people [that I've spoken to anyway] take a long time to accept themselves and accept their sexuality, even in a fairly liberal society and without the pressures of religion. As a religious person how hard was it to come to terms with knowing you are gay?
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

So! Do you think you will marry a woman?
Original post by YoFadda

Who is a more of a "real" Muslim? You or an ISIS member?
Reply 65
Lol why do you tell yourself you're gonna "become straight". It isn't a challenge from Allah, it just is as it is. Get used to it or spend all of your days in denial - it's up to you.
You are not alone. There are people here http://www.imaan.org.uk/ who are both Muslim and gay. I hope that whatever you choose, you are able to be happy with that choice.
Reply 67
Original post by Black Rose
Why do you think it's evil?

What if a person has urges that they can't change but is a very good person otherwise, do they still deserve hell?

They can change these urges. They are a test from Allah. They deserve hell for those disgusting urges, and that's why I am trying so hard to change.
Original post by z33
I do not think homosexuality is a sin in Islam though many would disagree

Have a read of this article
http://www.homosexuels-musulmans.org/homosexuality-is-not-a-sin-perversion-according-to-islam.html

You may still believe its a sin and you may still refrain from sexual acts but I'm just saying read it if for no other reason than to comfort you while you deal with this.

I'll read it soon but I do ink that it is a sin.
Original post by Robby2312
Why do you believe in Allah considering there is no evidence he exists? Do you think believing in things without evidence is a good idea? Why Allah and not zeus or thor or aman ra, why that god in particular? Considering that religion is much more of a choice than sexuality is why dont you just ditch the religion instead?

I have faith, you don't, you haven't seen the light yet,
Original post by abc:)
A lot of gay people [that I've spoken to anyway] take a long time to accept themselves and accept their sexuality, even in a fairly liberal society and without the pressures of religion. As a religious person how hard was it to come to terms with knowing you are gay?

I won't accept these homosexual desires. They are abhorrent and I will cleanse myself of these urges through salat (prayer) and repentance.
Original post by dozyrosie
So! Do you think you will marry a woman?

Yes, once I have removed these urges inshallah
Original post by KingBradly
Who is a more of a "real" Muslim? You or an ISIS member?

That's like saying "who's more of a real Muslim- me or an ASDA worker? I'll need to know way more about the person such as if they pray five times a day, follow the Quran etc...

I do believe I am a good Muslim since I am repenting to Allah and I am showing him that I will change and I will remove these urges from me and be a good Muslim again. Allah has presented me with a test to see if I'll repent and turn to him or whether I will fall to my urges and live a life of sin.
Original post by rolaah
Lol why do you tell yourself you're gonna "become straight". It isn't a challenge from Allah, it just is as it is. Get used to it or spend all of your days in denial - it's up to you.

I can become straight. I know it can be done with Allah's help- it is a test from Allah and I will not fall to a life of sin. I will doesn't and repent and pray and pray until I will cleanse myself of these awful desires.
I'm afraid there isn't really much else anyone on here can do for you OP. People have kindly given you links to various organisations etc. Perhaps if there are other gay Muslims on here and they contacted you that might be of some help. Anyone can change their religion, but no-one can live their life in complete denial of who they really are.
if this is not a troll thread..

i'm not sure whether to laugh or cry
Reply 70
Original post by YoFadda

Oh. Well that's a real shame. I hope you know that homosexuality has been going on since before Islam existed, in both humans and other animals. It is very literally natural.
Reply 71
Original post by markova21
I'm afraid there isn't really much else anyone on here can do for you OP. People have kindly given you links to various organisations etc. Perhaps if there are other gay Muslims on here and they contacted you that might be of some help. Anyone can change their religion, but no-one can live their life in complete denial of who they really are.

I didn't make this thread so people can 'help' me. I made it so that I can answer questions that people might have about Islam and homosexuality. I am not living in denial. The homosexuals who refuse to repent to God and change their awful desires and urges are.
Original post by stirkee
if this is not a troll thread..

i'm not sure whether to laugh or cry

I'm not a troll.
Original post by abc:)
Oh. Well that's a real shame. I hope you know that homosexuality has been going on since before Islam existed, in both humans and other animals. It is very literally natural.

Murder has also been going on since Islam existed and animals murder other animals as well. That doesn't mean that it is okay. Same goes with the sin of homosexuality.
Reply 72
Yeah I think this has to be a troll, if not I feel so sad rn. So sad to think of someone on their death bed who can't accept themself and realise there's nothing more for them...
Original post by YoFadda
They can change these urges. They are a test from Allah. They deserve hell for those disgusting urges, and that's why I am trying so hard to change.

I'll read it soon but I do ink that it is a sin.

I have faith, you don't, you haven't seen the light yet,

I won't accept these homosexual desires. They are abhorrent and I will cleanse myself of these urges through salat (prayer) and repentance.

Yes, once I have removed these urges inshallah

That's like saying "who's more of a real Muslim- me or an ASDA worker? I'll need to know way more about the person such as if they pray five times a day, follow the Quran etc...

I do believe I am a good Muslim since I am repenting to Allah and I am showing him that I will change and I will remove these urges from me and be a good Muslim again. Allah has presented me with a test to see if I'll repent and turn to him or whether I will fall to my urges and live a life of sin.

I can become straight. I know it can be done with Allah's help- it is a test from Allah and I will not fall to a life of sin. I will doesn't and repent and pray and pray until I will cleanse myself of these awful desires.

Having faith is stupid.It literally means believing in things without evidence.There is no other area of your life where you apply this logic.If I say there will be a hurricane tommorow do you just take it on faith that there will be.No.Because thats stupid.You check the news and internet for evidence of a hurricane where your located.You are just brainwashed from childhood to believe in an all powerful diety without actually considering the evidence for whether that claim is true.If Islam isnt true then you should discard it.
Reply 74
Original post by laurab21
Tell your parents and hope they understand, you can't be expected to live your life in misery, I'm sure your parents will understand and they want what's best for you

Not necessarilly. Many Muslims seem to value their religion above even their own family members. Why else do you think honour killings are so alarmingly common in Islam? Coming out openly could very well put OP in danger.
A gay Muslim guy who plans on suppressing it because God wills it and with parents who'd probably disown him if they found out.....do you have any future plans on shooting up any gay clubs in Orlando?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
So were you planning on marrying a girl from back home that your parents will arrange for you and never tell her you're not actually attracted to her and secretly fantasise about males?

Oh yeh! Thats right! In a country that practices honour* killings you think he'll risk being caught with his trousers down? Pun intended

*should be renamed 'dishonour' killings
Original post by AMuslimGuy
Oh yeh! Thats right! In a country that practices honour* killings you think he'll risk being caught with his trousers down? Pun intended

*should be renamed 'dishonour' killings

Based on what he's written I assumed he lived in the UK. In the UK we do not practice these 'honour' killings and his family would be arrested for doing something like that
Original post by AMuslimGuy
Don't be a dumbass pinkybell. Dont u even watch the godamn news...duhhhh! When pakistani families are bent ( ooow how quaint a word for the topic) on removing a family member it doesnt matter where they live. Its just easier and less messy taking them to pakistan than it is over here.

Well then OP needs to move as far away as he can from his family here and let the police know that if anything happens to him the first place they should look is within his family
Original post by z33
Awhhhh I'm happy for you that you have come to terms with who you are but I'm sad that you're going to face so much harrassment, more so than non-Muslim homosexuals, if you ever decide to come out.

I'm Muslim, know that there are people out there who are willing to help you and love you and accept you for who you are and there are also many people like you, there is this youtuber whose experience may help you
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FtjwLu13P0g

And there's many more

Theres also Imaan organisation for LGBTQI Muslims in the UK
And they have a forum and some events etc you can talk to people like you
http://imaan.org.uk

Good luck with everything in life OP <3 :smile:

Imaan is a pick up joint for pakistani ****. There is nothing islamic about it. The chairman and womans officer werr sacked because they preyed on vulnerable men n women. Typical pakistani concept.. created to defraud and abuse. Good look with that one!!

Quick Reply