The Student Room Group
I saw one that was like ....something something... quickly followed by some quote, followed by 'I understand this quote more than anyone else'... for some bizarre reason.
Reply 2
I like how number 7 is specific to Nursing. Like all the wannabe Nurses are all copying each other lol
So what do we bloody say in our personal statements?
Reply 4
"Since being a little boy I have been fascinated by how legal rules shape society."
Reply 5
I have an ex (thank god he's my ex) who opened his PS for a Film Studies degree with 'film has always been my passion'. Except it wasn't just that. He wrote it like this:

'Film. Film has always been my passion'.
Reply 6
Original post by abc:)
I have an ex (thank god he's my ex) who opened his PS for a Film Studies degree with 'film has always been my passion'. Except it wasn't just that. He wrote it like this:

'Film. Film has always been my passion'.

i like that tbf, exudes confidence and is different
"From a very young age..."

Ngl my first attempt to write a personal statement started off like that.

You should've seen the big cross my form tutor did on it. :indiff:

He almost ripped the paper. :indiff:
Original post by PrincessBO$$

that's exactly my problem, cause apparently, everything is cliche these days
Reply 9
Original post by lawyer3c
i like that tbf, exudes confidence and is different

whaaaaa.. seriously??

To me it just seems like an unnecessary repetition of the word bearing in mind the limited space you have, so it comes across as an attempt to pad out the statement (which, tbf, it was).

Also I think it comes across as a bit of a lame attempt at being poetic
whaaaaa.. seriously??

To me it just seems like an unnecessary repetition of the word bearing in mind the limited space you have, so it comes across as an attempt to pad out the statement (which, tbf, it was).

Also I think it comes across as a bit of a lame attempt at being poetic

i dont see it as an attempt to pad out the PS, because it uses very few words, if you're going to pad it out you'll use long meaningless sentences lol

Yeah, I see the lame poetic attempt perception, I wouldn't advise doing such a thing because there's a chance the tutor will think you're not taking it seriously enough, but I personally would like it
Reply 11
Original post by lawyer3c
i dont see it as an attempt to pad out the PS, because it uses very few words, if you're going to pad it out you'll use long meaningless sentences lol

Yeah, I see the lame poetic attempt perception, I wouldn't advise doing such a thing because there's a chance the tutor will think you're not taking it seriously enough, but I personally would like it

Yeah I guess some of it comes down to personal taste of the tutor. Even if they didn't like it I think they'd forgive it if the rest was decent. Also, they know you are an 18 year old doing it for the first time, they don't expect perfection.

Anyway, he scraped into Greenwich uni after flopping his A-levels, and then dropped out and moved back home. Last I heard he's still alive, scrounging off his parents and doing a lot of drugs.

So his life is as good as his PS opener was :rofl:

Anyway, he scraped into Greenwich uni after flopping his A-levels, and then dropped out and moved back home. Last I heard he's still alive, scrounging off his parents and doing a lot of drugs.

So his life is as good as his PS opener was :rofl:

lmfao savage :mwuaha:
Reply 13
"From the day Ma and Pa shagged without a condom..."
Original post by undercxver
"From a very young age..."

Ngl my first attempt to write a personal statement started off like that.

You should've seen the big cross my form tutor did on it. :indiff:

He almost ripped the paper. :indiff:

LOOOOOOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reply 15
Every since I took my first breath on Earth, I knew I wanted to do Anthropology.......legit
Original post by PrincessBO$$

Something personal...the real reason you like your subject, the specific bits you like, the specific things you want to know more about, examples of things you've done that are relevant to that course/career, what you enjoyed, what was difficult, what you learned, what you'd do differently.
Original post by Tai Ga
"From the day Ma and Pa shagged without a condom..."

thanks for the inspiration mate

Latest

Trending

Trending