Reply 2
Hi
Are u doing just law or with management? :smile:
Original post by Gal cool
Hi
Are u doing just law or with management? :smile:

just law but I'm thinking of changing it to law with management
Reply 4
Oh great! Are u excited to go uni and do u live local to it?
yeah I can't wait but I'm commuting which I sort of regret as it will be harder to meet people, wish I chose to live in halls :frown: are you local?
Reply 6
Yeah I am local, I feel as though the freshers Union will benefit those living in halls immensely as they will make friends much more easily than us. Oh well I'm sure it will be fine hopefully. Also are u entitled for any scholarships?
No I'm not entitled for any scholarships, and yeah true do you think there's any point going to freshers week for people commuting as everyone will probably be in groups with people from halls but I heard there's a commuters society there
Reply 8
I'm not sure tbh, as there isn't much information given to us with regards to students who are not living in the halls. You can buy wrist bands which are aimed for people living in accommodation but agai this will be at no use for us.
How are you going to commute? I want to drive there instead of taking the train but you can't park at the uni and it would probably be really expensive at other car parks.
Reply 10
Lucky u as u are able to drive. I haven't passed yet but I'm planning on taking a bus since I live very local. If u join with Santander student bank account you will get a 4 year free railcard which I think will be worth it for you installed of driving to uni .
Reply 11
I first chose to go law with management but I changed to just law ☺️
do you think you'll take a laptop with you for lectures? I don't really want to bring my laptop as I'm commuting.
Reply 13
Original post by X_aix
I first chose to go law with management but I changed to just law ☺️

Will u be living in halls/accommodation or are u a commuter?
Reply 14
Original post by anon97777
do you think you'll take a laptop with you for lectures? I don't really want to bring my laptop as I'm commuting.

You can bring a laptop with u but I prefer note taking so I will be buying lots of notebooks instead
You can bring a laptop with u but I prefer note taking so I will be buying lots of notebooks instead

Yeah I might do that, did you find out anything about the wristbands for freshers? I think freshers isn't that worth it for us tbh. Apparently people have been doing online enrolment and I think we might be able to find out the freshers timetable.
Reply 16
Yeah I might do that, did you find out anything about the wristbands for freshers? I think freshers isn't worth it for us tbh. Apparently people have been doing online enrolment and I think we might be able to find out the freshers timetable.

I was thinking the same. I will most likely not buy the wristbands as they finish at around 3am. It's also not worth it for us as much, since we will not be living in halls. I am waiting impatiently to enrol so that I can get the timetable. Some people have already got there's through email.

I'll be studying the LLB at Aston too! I would recommend bringing a laptop, I have just finished my first year of a LLB at another uni which did not suit me. During that year I found using a laptop to be a life saver, writing notes in lectures causes quite bad wrist ache and with a laptop the quality of the writing remains the same and it's easier to organise into folders.
Reply 18
Original post by Stevensapiens
I'll be studying the LLB at Aston too! I would recommend bringing a laptop, I have just finished my first year of a LLB at another uni which did not suit me. During that year I found using a laptop to be a life saver, writing notes in lectures causes quite bad wrist ache and with a laptop the quality of the writing remains the same and it's easier to organise into folders.

Are u studying law with management or just law?
Are u studying law with management or just law?

Pure law LLB.

Quick Reply

Latest