The Student Room Group

Help me prepare for Edexcel 2017 GCSE Maths!

Hello, I recently visited Bletchley Park and I've been inspired by the mathematician Alan Turing to work on my own skills in maths, which means improving my GCSE grade from around a 5/6 up to a 7 or above.

Maths is really important to me as I want to go on to study Computer Science as far as possible and I have no issues in that department.

Anyway, enough of my life story...

As I'm aware that this is a new GCSE I'd really appreciate it if someone could direct me to the best places to learn the entire curriculum; I want to know it all.

I appreciate that this will obviously take dedication but I'm prepared to put it in otherwise I wouldn't be making this post.

I learn best from watching videos that explain each aspect of the curriculum so if there is a YouTube channel that makes these that you're aware of then please share it with me.

Thanks everyone,
- Jack
Reply 1
Original post by Studious3
Hello, I recently visited Bletchley Park and I've been inspired by the mathematician Alan Turing to work on my own skills in maths, which means improving my GCSE grade from around a 5/6 up to a 7 or above.

Maths is really important to me as I want to go on to study Computer Science as far as possible and I have no issues in that department.

Anyway, enough of my life story...

As I'm aware that this is a new GCSE I'd really appreciate it if someone could direct me to the best places to learn the entire curriculum; I want to know it all.

I appreciate that this will obviously take dedication but I'm prepared to put it in otherwise I wouldn't be making this post.

I learn best from watching videos that explain each aspect of the curriculum so if there is a YouTube channel that makes these that you're aware of then please share it with me.

Thanks everyone,
- Jack

Extra: I'm in Y10 and therefore this isn't a resit... should've made that clear...
Original post by Studious3
Extra: I'm in Y10 and therefore this isn't a resit... should've made that clear...

I have no idea what you're asking for - you could look up the edexcel spec and try some questions from each part I guess?
Reply 3
This guys youtube channel helps me alot
https://www.youtube.com/user/schoolmaths/videos

Quick Reply

Latest