The Student Room Group

Which is your political alignment?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_Opinion
This is what Labour also do with their all women shortlists and their "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirts in parliament.

Also, see my above comment.

Yes fair point, and that sort of stuff constitutes part of my saying they need to sort their **** out (it's not just about the Corbyn situation).
How many more little girls must have been sexually abused before the number would be too many for you to not support Labour?

How many disabled people have to commit suicide because of benefit sanctions before you stop supporting the Conservative party?
Utter rubbish, we would be just like the other nations in the Western world that don't have such conditions and don't have a Labour party.

The fight for fair treatment of workers by the Unions and other organisations that eventually became the Labour Party is well documented.

I do distinguish between the Labour party of old and the current party. The old Labour party I have some respect for, but not the current, how can you support a party (I am referring to Labour in its current state), that has done what it has done / doing regarding little girls in places such as Rotherham?

I acknowledged the negligence that led to this happening in my last reply. It doesn't mean I won't support new leadership in the party who weren't responsible for this.
Original post by Redmonds
How many disabled people have to commit suicide because of benefit sanctions before you stop supporting the Conservative party?

I already said that I don't support the Conservative Party, if you read my posts...

So, please answer the original question, how many little girls?
Original post by JamesN88
The fight for fair treatment of workers by the Unions and other organisations that eventually became the Labour Party is well documented.

I acknowledged the negligence that led to this happening in my last reply. It doesn't mean I won't support new leadership in the party who weren't responsible for this.

It is the same general leadership and ideologies in the party, the head of the snake is different, but it is still going on. The ideology that paved the way for mass sexual attacks on little girls to occur still remains the same.
I already said that I don't support the Conservative Party, if you read my posts...

So, please answer the original question, how many little girls?

Why are you implying that my support of the Labour party validates your assumption that I am ok with the child abuse that occurred in Rotheram? Of course it was disgraceful, and many Labour Councillors were incompetent, probably out of the fear of being labelled racists (I have always held that political correctness has gone mad). Despite this however, I can't see how this wouldn't have happened under any other administration.The basis of your argument is pretty ridiculous. Why should I stop supporting the Labour party because of this once incident? I do have a degree of integrity in terms of my beliefs you know. I did 'read your post' by the way, and you stated that you'd either vote Tory or UKIP. In that case, I'll just replicate the logic of your argument. Nigel Farage recently stood on a platform with Donald Trump, how many white supremacists does it take for Nigel to endorse before you stop supporting UKIP? And don't bother coming back with a pro Trump statement, as this would make you a hypocrite whilst simultaneously delegitimising your argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
Apathy.
Why are you implying that my support of the Labour party validates your assumption that I am ok with the child abuse that occurred in Rotheram? Of course it was disgraceful, and many Labour Councillors were incompetent, probably out of the fear of being labelled racists (I have always held that political correctness has gone mad). Despite this however, I can't see how this wouldn't have happened under any other administration.The basis of your argument is pretty ridiculous. Why should I stop supporting the Labour party because of this once incident? I do have a degree of integrity in terms of my beliefs you know. I did 'read your post' by the way, and you stated that you'd either vote Tory or UKIP. In that case, I'll just replicate the logic of your argument. Nigel Farage recently stood on a platform with Donald Trump, how many white supremacists does it take for Nigel to endorse before you stop supporting UKIP? And don't bother coming back with a pro Trump statement, as this would make you a hypocrite whilst simultaneously delegitimising your argument.

I said that I would vote for them, not that I supported them.

The child abuse cases were NOT a one of incident though was it? Various towns have suffered form this problem, and they suffered as a result of the Labour Party, if those towns didn't have cowardly Labour party councillors / MP's, the events would not have happened.

I find it hard to take the rest of your post seriously when you call Trump "a white supremacist", Farage also did not endorse him. Making up lies doesn't help your argument.
I said that I would vote for them, not that I supported them.

The child abuse cases were NOT a one of incident though was it? Various towns have suffered form this problem, and they suffered as a result of the Labour Party, if those towns didn't have cowardly Labour party councillors / MP's, the events would not have happened.

I find it hard to take the rest of your post seriously when you call Trump "a white supremacist", Farage also did not endorse him. Making up lies doesn't help your argument.

You can't take my post seriously? You're the white knight throwing your Nordic runes out of your pram because you can't comprehend there are some people in the world who support the Labour party. You're whole argument has been based on this child abuse thing, you've used no other evidence or arguments. The deductive nature of your logic is utterly farcical. What was Farage doing then? Oh yeah he must have just got lost and found himself speaking to the Republican party infront of a very happy Trump. I'm going to bed now, going to a castle tomorrow. Ciao.
(edited 7 years ago)

First, I never said that I support the Conservatives. Also, the article offers no proof that those people would not have died anyway. If someone has an illnesses they could die as a result of that illness if they are at work or sitting at home. Also, the article does not say how many died as a result of the illness / disability of which they were already not working.

For example, if someone is not working due to one condition, if they were to die of an unrelated, undiagnosed issue, that is not the fault of the government.

The figures also don't show how many people who did not have to go back to work and stayed at home died, a comparison would be nice.

You also didn't answer me about how many children need to be sexually assaulted.

I'll rephrase that.

How can a party that unfairly targets disabled people be one of your parties of choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
You can't take my post seriously? You're the white knight throwing your Nordic runes out of your pram because you can't comprehend there are some people in the world who support the Labour party. You're whole argument has been based on this child abuse thing, you've used no other evidence or arguments. The deductive nature of your logic is utterly farcical. What was Farage doing then? Oh yeah he must have just got lost and found himself speaking to the Republican party infront of a very happy Trump. I'm going to bed now, going to a castle tomorrow. Ciao.

So you are not willing to admit that you typed at least two lies in your lass comment then?
So you are not willing to admit that you typed at least two lies in your lass comment then?

Which 'lies'?
Original post by JamesN88
I'll rephrase that.

How can a party that unfairly targets disabled people be one of your parties of choice?

2 reasons.

1. I have seen no proof that they unfairly target disabled people.

2. I have to vote for someone who has a chance of winning (I already stated that I'm against FPTP), and I see it as my duty to ensure that a party that enabled sexual assaults of little girls to take place is not elected where I live.
Which 'lies'?

That Trump is a "white supremacist" and that Farage "endorsed" Trump.
That Trump is a "white supremacist" and that Farage "endorsed" Trump.

You tell me what Farage was doing then. He could have spoken on a platform with the Libertarian party?

Accepting endorsements and support from the KKK and refusing to delegitimise them, perhaps that's a good example.

Like I said, it's late (or early) so I am signing off now. Enjoy the rest of the week.
You tell me what Farage was doing then. He could have spoken on a platform with the Libertarian party?

Accepting endorsements and support from the KKK and refusing to delegitimise them, perhaps that's a good example.

Like I said, it's late (or early) so I am signing off now. Enjoy the rest of the week.

He did not endorse Trump, that is a fact, you lied about that.

Trump has not accepted endorsements and support from the KKK, that is another lie. Also, even if he had, that does not make someone a white supremacist, what a strange logic you have, that if someone accepts the compliments or someone else, you must automatically support their political views.

Someone could run to be President of Brazil that believes in Brazilian supremacy, I could support them as a result of that persons economic policies etc., it would not make me a Brazilian supremacist :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest