The Student Room Group

Is standard grade 2 equal to a b in national 5 english???

Hi guys,
I'm thinking of applying to St Georges for medicine and it says "standard grade 2 english is required", I got a B in National 5 English, do i meet the requirement?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
I assume by "Standard Grade 2" they mean pass Standard Grade with grade 2 or above, which is equivalent to a pass at National 5 (C) or above. So you meet the requirement, and they should probably update their criteria to include that.
Reply 2
Original post by PTS_99
I assume by "Standard Grade 2" they mean pass Standard Grade with grade 2 or above, which is equivalent to a pass at National 5 (C) or above. So you meet the requirement, and they should probably update their criteria to include that.

Thats great! thank you
Reply 3
I understand where PTS is coming from but I read the entry requirements slightly differently...
It has always been my understanding that of the standard grades 1-7, 1-2 is a A at nat 5, 3-4 a B etc.
Regardless, I'd email the university just to check, or send them your results and ask them to confirm that they're in line with their current entry requirements
o_O isn't it weird that all your usernames above end with 98 or 99
Reply 5
Original post by JourneyToSuccess

Haha :biggrin: I suppose but its just because the years we were born :wink:(I assume) as I've just left in May and the 1999 lot will be in their last year of school and applying to uni this session
Reply 6
Original post by Treen98
I understand where PTS is coming from but I read the entry requirements slightly differently...
It has always been my understanding that of the standard grades 1-7, 1-2 is a A at nat 5, 3-4 a B etc.
Regardless, I'd email the university just to check, or send them your results and ask them to confirm that they're in line with their current entry requirements

Standard Grades seemed a little odd to me, Grade 1-2 were Credit Level and equivalent to National 5 (A-C), Grades 3-4 were General Level and equivalent to National 4 (or National 5 D/No Award as part of Recognising Positive Achievement I think its called), Grades 5-6 were Foundation Level and equivalent to National 3, and Grade 7 was a fail. But of course it is always a good idea to call them anyway to double check if your not sure.

Original post by JourneyToSuccess

Yeah mines like that because I'm not too creative :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending