The Student Room Group

Getting a date with a 10?

I don't get it - I'm a 6 and have dated similar people before. Now a 10 is talking to me?!

WHY? WHAT DO THEY SEE IN THIS POTATO?

Scroll to see replies

This mentality is what's wrong with so many guys in this world today.
Even if someone is a 2,5,10, whatever it does not matter, there is no law saying someone of a different 'rating number' cannot talk to or date someone of a higher 'number'.
The only barriers there are to this are ones you put upon yourself
A 6 is not a potato if you ascribe to a sensible numbering system. Relative to a 10, perhaps.

But if you undervalue yourself and feel insecure as a result, it won't do you any favours.
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
This mentality is what's wrong with so many guys in this world today.
Even if someone is a 2,5,10, whatever it does not matter, there is no law saying someone of a different 'rating number' cannot talk to or date someone of a higher 'number'.
The only barriers there are to this are ones you put upon yourself

There was a poll on here some years back, and it revealed about half of girls felt "offended" if an ugly guy tried to hit on them

most common reasons girls citied for being offended was that he must think he's on my level to be trying it on like that
I feel you OP

Don't focus on why...a 10/10 finds you attractive, don't let your insecurities ruin your chances.
Original post by ANM775
There was a poll on here some years back, and it revealed about half of girls felt "offended" if an ugly guy tried to hit on them

most common reasons girls citied for being offended was that he must think he's on my level to be trying it on like that

The said girls need to stop feeling so insecure about themselves
Get in there

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by NonLinearAlex
I don't get it - I'm a 6 and have dated similar people before. Now a 10 is talking to me?!

WHY? WHAT DO THEY SEE IN THIS POTATO?

Get in there son

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a friend who'd I would call a 10 looks wise and her type if boys who are uglier than her (I'm not saying you're ugly) because she likes being the better looking one. Her ex would constantly tell her how lucky he was to have pulled her and she loved it. I think it's an ego thing for some people.
Reply 9
Ratings are subjective which is why I think ratings are a bit silly. Personally I'm a 10 but no one agrees with me.
Women look for other qualities, like confidence, so you probably have stuff going for you OP.

Stop thinking, and enjoy your fortune! :smile:
Never bring yourself down. Women want you more than looks. Here is a picture of a couple, who have been dating for a while. Go for it. All the best.

im a strong 4.5
I don't get you
She's no 10 trust me as u get to know her and time goes on, you'll see flaws lol...
No worries.
Original post by NonLinearAlex
WHAT DO THEY SEE IN THIS POTATO?

My guess is something like this...

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by bethwalker85
I have a friend who'd I would call a 10 looks wise and her type if boys who are uglier than her (I'm not saying you're ugly) because she likes being the better looking one. Her ex would constantly tell her how lucky he was to have pulled her and she loved it. I think it's an ego thing for some people.

This is a bit mean, but I do think it's true for a lot of people.
It also works the other way though. If you can get with someone more attractive, then it can boost you to feel attractive too- also an ego thing.
Overall I'd say these all cancel out, and as long as people are happy it doesn't matter :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Ezme39
This is a bit mean, but I do think it's true for a lot of people.
It also works the other way though. If you can get with someone more attractive, then it can boost you to feel attractive too- also an ego thing.
Overall I'd say these all cancel out, and as long as people are happy it doesn't matter :smile:

You're right. As a non-dumb, 7-8ish human with a sense of humour, I can say it pretty much doesn't matter. Never been 'liked' by anyone, never really 'liked' anyone. A lot has to do with the people you surround yourself with. Sometimes, with luck, an 'opposites attract' thingy occurs. Most of the time though, people with similar interests and beliefs, regardless of rating, will appreciate you as a person, not a number.
Numbers don't matter anyway. I know very attractive people who can't get dates. Heck, I've been told I'm an 8 and I can't get a date. I know less attractive people that get dates/sex regularly. There's other things at play here than just how attractive they are.
How is a 10 possible when "One Potato Two Potatoes" only goes up to 7 potatoes???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending