The Student Room Group

Access to HE course question?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum i wasn't really sure where to post. Basically i'm 19, turning 20 in a few months and would like to start education again. i left college over a year ago with 2 D grades because i never showed up. Anyway i've been working since then but would love to go to uni (i've matured a lot since college and would definitely put a lot of work in at uni) as i don't have the grades i've looked into doing an access to HE course at my local college however i don't know too much about them and will i be able to do it at the age of 19? Not sure whether you have to be older to do one. thanks :smile:
Original post by silverfox44
Sorry if this is the wrong forum i wasn't really sure where to post. Basically i'm 19, turning 20 in a few months and would like to start education again. i left college over a year ago with 2 D grades because i never showed up. Anyway i've been working since then but would love to go to uni (i've matured a lot since college and would definitely put a lot of work in at uni) as i don't have the grades i've looked into doing an access to HE course at my local college however i don't know too much about them and will i be able to do it at the age of 19? Not sure whether you have to be older to do one. thanks :smile:

Hiya. Well done you for wanting to give it another shot. I have just finished an access course and it was 19+ so you will be fine to get on one. I really enjoyed it and it has really given me the confidence boost I needed after being out of education for while (I'm 31, 2kids etc etc). I really feel prepared for uni so I only have good things to say about them. Go for it. :smile: good luck in whatever you choose to do. Xxx
Original post by NikkiNakki
Hiya. Well done you for wanting to give it another shot. I have just finished an access course and it was 19+ so you will be fine to get on one. I really enjoyed it and it has really given me the confidence boost I needed after being out of education for while (I'm 31, 2kids etc etc). I really feel prepared for uni so I only have good things to say about them. Go for it. :smile: good luck in whatever you choose to do. Xxx

Hi how did you find the access course? And what will you be studying at uni?
I loved it. Really boosted my confidence and gave me a taste of what uni will be like. I am starting a degree in a few weeks, Early Childhood Education and Care. Don't get me wrong you need to be focused to keep up with the work but it was great. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do xx
Original post by NikkiNakki
I loved it. Really boosted my confidence and gave me a taste of what uni will be like. I am starting a degree in a few weeks, Early Childhood Education and Care. Don't get me wrong you need to be focused to keep up with the work but it was great. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do xx

Well done and good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending