The Student Room Group

Mathematics or chemical engineering

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexjones1994
1) Birmingham is a top university. Should give it a go. One of the highest rated Chemical Engineering universities + we smash all the other unis as sports when it come to the chemical engineering sports day :P

2) I worked at a solvent manufacturer during my AS Levels. Work experience not needed though imo.

3) I want to pursue a career in Investment banking as I prefer economic / finance side of engineering atm.

4) No problem. Here to help :smile:

Thx that was very helpful. I am definitely applyin to Birmingham.

Is it a city area, is there alot to do like gd social life?

How were the accomodations? Do you currently live at like rent room or do u get accom for masters?
Original post by Angeltiger59
Thx that was very helpful. I am definitely applyin to Birmingham.

Is it a city area, is there alot to do like gd social life?

How were the accomodations? Do you currently live at like rent room or do u get accom for masters?

Social life is awesome. Best city bar london, prices not bad either. Accomodation is also really good. They just built 3 new freshers accommodation over last year / this year :smile:.
Original post by Smack
In all honesty engineering maths is essentially about applying rules - you don't understand things like a maths student.

I agree that it's probably not too much more challenging than A-levels though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would agree with you. However, I didn't mean that engineering students necessarily understand where the maths came from and why we use it etc., but they probably have a better sense of how to apply the maths to different engineering situations.
Yeah. Sorry I meant to say the main design project is in year 3. Normally we have 6/7 exams each year. The concepts are particularly hard but the workload is big.

Hi, totally irrelevant but I noticed you're doing your masters in chemical engineering and wondered where/how you got your inspiration for choosing your topic.

I'm in my third year so I'm not yet clued up with how it works. But I saw a few masters project ideas and found they were all so complex! I wouldn't even know where to begin with choosing a topic let alone conducting my own experiments! Thanks xD
Original post by Bioluminescence1
Hi, totally irrelevant but I noticed you're doing your masters in chemical engineering and wondered where/how you got your inspiration for choosing your topic.

I'm in my third year so I'm not yet clued up with how it works. But I saw a few masters project ideas and found they were all so complex! I wouldn't even know where to begin with choosing a topic let alone conducting my own experiments! Thanks xD

I'm in the same boat dude. About to start in September and the university hasn't told us anything! :/.
Original post by Bioluminescence1

If you are on about the 3rd year design project, the topics are given to you. Normally 5/6 different ones. Then you can pick which one from that you want to do. They are all pretty good so don't worry about it.
I'm in the same boat dude. About to start in September and the university hasn't told us anything! :/.

Oh I meant the 4th year masters but thanks anyway ^.^ I'm really surprised you haven't been told anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending