The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

How do I know when to come to uni? How do I enrol? etc.

Hey guys,

This is probably a really stupid question as I have read all the info the uni has sent me and logged into 'my unihub' etc. But I just want to make sure I understand everything by getting someone to clarify, haha :biggrin:

Thanks in advance for your responses! Any response is much appreciated
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So far I've just done the pre-enrolment thing that they emailed me and gathered the documents/proof of results that they asked for, as for actual enrolment and first day, it depends on the course but I am sure there are many more emails to come that will explain everything
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by Flynx
So far I've just done the pre-enrolment thing that they emailed me and gathered the documents/proof of results that they asked for, as for actual enrolment and first day, it depends on the course but I am sure there are many more emails to come that will explain everything

Woah, hold the phone, 'pre-enrollment'? I haven't heard of that, is that just where they tell you to gather photo ID, proof of grades etc.? Or is it something else.

Sorry, I probably seem like such an airhead but there's a lot of emails I havent got yet, I don't know why, but the poor lady on the phoneline had to send them to me again in bulk.
Reply 3
Original post by Romanovposts
Woah, hold the phone, 'pre-enrollment'? I haven't heard of that, is that just where they tell you to gather photo ID, proof of grades etc.? Or is it something else.

Sorry, I probably seem like such an airhead but there's a lot of emails I havent got yet, I don't know why, but the poor lady on the phoneline had to send them to me again in bulk.

I'm not 100% every university actually has a form you need to fill out, some just require the proof of grades and ID, but in mine you had to complete a form similar to the ucas one where they got basic info from you such as what kind of place you're going to be living at/baisic details/parents' occupation

So just check through your latest emails from the university if theres something mentioning pre-enrolment, if you don't see it don't worry, because you probably didnt miss it since they sent like 3-4 emails making sure you do it if you actually have to
Original post by Flynx
I'm not 100% every university actually has a form you need to fill out, some just require the proof of grades and ID, but in mine you had to complete a form similar to the ucas one where they got basic info from you such as what kind of place you're going to be living at/baisic details/parents' occupation

So just check through your latest emails from the university if theres something mentioning pre-enrolment, if you don't see it don't worry, because you probably didnt miss it since they sent like 3-4 emails making sure you do it if you actually have to

Okay thank you, you've really lifted a weight off my mind, so thank you a lot. You've greatly helped me out! :smile:
I enrolled today online on my middlesexhub and then i called to find out what i need to do next. They said i should wait for another email for induction. I went for the pre induction adult nursinh months ago.
Reply 6
Original post by Megastar123
I enrolled today online on my middlesexhub and then i called to find out what i need to do next. They said i should wait for another email for induction. I went for the pre induction adult nursinh months ago.

Hey I tried to eneol today but it says I have holds on my account like financial holds and pending reassessment holds. Im not sure of that these are please let me know if you know what they mean.
I dnt really know to be honest could it be something to do with your bursery have you applied already for funding. As for reassessment holds im notbto sure. I enrolled everything went smoothly.
Reply 8
I dnt really know to be honest could it be something to do with your bursery have you applied already for funding. As for reassessment holds im notbto sure. I enrolled everything went smoothly.

Oh yeah could be. I did apply for bursary but I havent sent in evidence yet. Maybe i should call them and see what I should do.
Original post by Leekim
Oh yeah could be. I did apply for bursary but I havent sent in evidence yet. Maybe i should call them and see what I should do.

Yeah try n sort that asap
Reply 10
Im not quite sure how does it work. My uni hub says to change IT password but I cant do it as I dont have the old one.
Which pre induction did You go to megastar? Never heard of it and Im starting children nursing on the 12th...
Does anyone know when is the timetable coming up?
Reply 11
also mdsx sent me an email that I should log into myunihub and access my courses where I can access the dates, times etc where I need to be during my welcome programme.
I never found them. So if anyone has a clue how to do it, please help me :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah try n sort that asap

Yeah I called them today and they removed the hold. I can enrol now. :smile:
Original post by Madam6
also mdsx sent me an email that I should log into myunihub and access my courses where I can access the dates, times etc where I need to be during my welcome programme.
I never found them. So if anyone has a clue how to do it, please help me :smile:

Same here it kept saying we can see timetable and induction session but i cant find anything. So im guessing its not ready yet. I went to a pre induction since May they explained what we was expecting on the adult nursing course and some financial things were explained. We had a tour of the university i practiclly spent the whole day there. I am also starting on the 12 but i have no idea about what time or where to go so if anyone gets any updates pls post.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Well I suppose we'll have to wait then :/ I dont like it cause its just 10 days and Im working so theyre waiting for me with the rota and stuff :/ I never went for any pre induction.
Original post by Madam6
Well I suppose we'll have to wait then :/ I dont like it cause its just 10 days and Im working so theyre waiting for me with the rota and stuff :/ I never went for any pre induction.

I know ive been waiting as well to sort out child care. My friends doing midwifery and she has her's already. And also is anyone still waiting for occupational health check appointment. When i last called they said it will be done on induction was anyone else told the same thing. Also is anyone else still waiting for dbs.
Reply 16
I know ive been waiting as well to sort out child care. My friends doing midwifery and she has her's already. And also is anyone still waiting for occupational health check appointment. When i last called they said it will be done on induction was anyone else told the same thing. Also is anyone else still waiting for dbs.

They've called me about a month ago and said that health check appointment will be arranged after we start, in September. Dbs can take some time. Mine was quick, around 2 weeks
Original post by Madam6
They've called me about a month ago and said that health check appointment will be arranged after we start, in September. Dbs can take some time. Mine was quick, around 2 weeks

Lucky you mine has taken more then a month.
Reply 18
I submitted proof of my qualifications via the applicant portal and my course status is now "Unconditional offer - accepted". I'm assuming I've been accepted, right? But I haven't received any e-mail whatsoever containing starting date details, etc. However, my sister had the same course status and received an e-mail with her starting date and log-in details/invite to "myUniHub". Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Reply 19
Check the spam folder etc. Yea Youre accepted but if You didnt get email just give them a call.

Megastar did You get Your timetable? I still didnt get it and thinking about calling them up as its just one week left

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending