The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epage
really? what dog(s) do you have? I have 2 black labradors:h:

I Have pug and a chihuahua.
I'm doing English lit history and R.S
Aloha! I'm Revisionlad and I live in NI. Just finished GCSEs like the rest of you and am moving into AS LEVEL. I have chosen Bio, Chem, Maths and RE and I love playing Football with friends and Fifa obviously. I also like playing piano and singing. Hopefully my choices are in line with medicine :smile:. Nonetheless, I was in the Year 11 Snazztastic thread and just found out about this now! Hope you's all have a good time in Year 12 as you's call it...or Year 13 as we do here! Muahaha
Hey there i'm 14 year old Aamina and my hobby is... reading i guess. I'm planning on taking physics math and government and politics in leicester high school for girls as an Ogden scholar. my favourite subjects are physics and math. i plan on being an astrophysicist pr aerospace engineer. :smile: wish me luck!!!!
Original post by aamina12345
Hey there i'm 14 year old Aamina and my hobby is... reading i guess. I'm planning on taking physics math and government and politics in leicester high school for girls as an Ogden scholar. my favourite subjects are physics and math. i plan on being an astrophysicist pr aerospace engineer. :smile: wish me luck!!!!

What year are you in? :smile:
Hi, I'm Bloop and I'm starting sixth form next week in the north-west of England. I'm going to be taking biology, geography, maths, and literature, and my favourite hobbies are reading, doodling, and watching movies/series!
- Introduce yourself:

Hello, my name is Francis! I start sixth form on Tuesday.

- What are your hobbies and interests?

I like to write and read. My all time favourite book is currently Wuthering Heights. I love European history, in particular Russian history - and anything to do with empires or monarchs or conspiracies I will be interested in. I love biology and chemistry. You'll often find me reading random Wikipedia articles for hours. TV shows > movies.

What subjects are you planning to take?

Biology, chemistry, maths and philosophy and ethics.

Favourite subject?

I love all the subjects I'm planning on taking - but biology has to take the crown.

I'm considering doing a natural sciences degree (providing I get in) and then doing a postgraduate conversion course for Law, as opposed to doing a straight law degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by francis_e_c
You'll often find me reading random Wikipedia articles for hours.

Omg same! It's amazing how many hours can be spent reading them and how the most random ones can be so interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
God guys what are u even getting for alevels?what books and what I don't know 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Omg same! It's amazing how many hours can be spent reading them and how the most random ones can be so interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! I can go from looking up something on a tv show I'm watching to the demographics of Uzbekistan. It takes up the majority of my day tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Anyone here doing AQA biology and/or Level 3 Health and Social Care diploma?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm doing Level 3 Health and Social care, Geography and Sociology

I found health and social care interesting on induction day so i took it, I wonder what it's going to be like
Hi there,

I'm Manpreet and I live in West London.
Going onto study Stats, Economics and Geo at ALevel and hopefully make my way into doing an Economics degree.
Reading through the thread, I haven't noticed many aspiring economists so give me a shout if you're one of them!

I just completed a paid internship at Moodys Investors Service at Canary Wharf and I feel like it's going to give me a real boost when it comes to levels of experience.
I'd love to share my account of working in a real corporate environment and also whether anyone has already completed an internship!!
Went to school today to pick my options, in year 10 I said I wanted to do History, Politics and Economics; hasn't changed. :biggrin:
Original post by _.Mxnprx
Hi there,

I'm Manpreet and I live in West London.
Going onto study Stats, Economics and Geo at ALevel and hopefully make my way into doing an Economics degree.
Reading through the thread, I haven't noticed many aspiring economists so give me a shout if you're one of them!

I just completed a paid internship at Moodys Investors Service at Canary Wharf and I feel like it's going to give me a real boost when it comes to levels of experience.
I'd love to share my account of working in a real corporate environment and also whether anyone has already completed an internship!!

That's good that you've started networking, my brother works for Merill Lynch BoA; he started his internship in his last year at Uni but started his first ever internship at Coutts in his first year. That's good that you're starting earlier, I want to be a lawyer and have a family friend who will set me up with an internship next summer.
Yeah it wasn't easy finding an internship but if you're wanting to find one for next summer you should start searching now because I believe a lot of places have their application deadlines in december.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else worried that they're just going to completely tank A Levels? :s-smilie:

Started my summer bridging work today (due in tomorrow, nice work :redface:) for Chemistry and just reading even the beginning pages of the textbook has me worried... everything just looks 10000x harder than GCSE :afraid:
Hey! I will be moving school for Sixth Form and I am very excited about it! :smile:
What are your hobbies and interests?
Violin, tennis, musical theatre - and watching films + TV shows in my free time
What subjects are you planning to take?
Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Geography (although may switch Geography to French)
Your favourite subject(s)?
Biology, maths and modern languages eg French and German
Your ideal future occupation?
Most likely doctor - I think that I would like to be a paediatrician when I am older :tongue:
I had my induction day today got my timetable and met my form, there's four other people from my school in my form so that's good :h:. But we have to do ice breakers next week- I hate them so much :frown:. First day of actual lessons tomorrow and an assembly from the Principle. I'm nervous about what my teachers will be like :s-smilie:.
HEYYYYYYYY!

My name is T0ucan and I started sixth form on Tuesday. I live in Northern Ireland where we eat a lot of potatoes and have to cope with a lot of rain. I run at a national level and also enjoy badminton, public speaking, hiking and being a girlguide! I don't mind a cheeky episode of Dance Moms either. I'm taking Maths, English Lit, Politics and RS at AS. I'm also a big philosophy fan and read quite a lot about it outside of school. My favourite magazine is Private Eye.

Academic/future career stuff:

Spoiler

Can't believe we're already year 12s!:cheers:Goooood luck everyone!
Original post by surina16
Anyone else worried that they're just going to completely tank A Levels? :s-smilie:

Started my summer bridging work today (due in tomorrow, nice work :redface:) for Chemistry and just reading even the beginning pages of the textbook has me worried... everything just looks 10000x harder than GCSE :afraid:

Ikr! Apparently there's also a gap between AS and A2 :s-smilie:
Original post by surina16

I am terribly worried, I feel like I will flunk the whole of a-levels! I'm especially nervous about a-level maths!

Latest